Are you a mission-driven individual with a passion for improving the lives of older adults?
Renewal Care specializes in delivering holistic, person-centered homecare to individuals with cognitive impairment and progressive memory loss. Our organization also has a special commitment to provide culturally competent care to the LGBT community. We are actively recruiting Companions to join our growing team of care partners.
While each assignment is unique, responsibilities may include:
- Providing companionship to seniors and people with chronic health conditions in their homes (e.g., discussing current events, creating artwork, reviewing photo albums)
- Planning activities outside the home and accompanying clients to keep clients engaged with the world (e.g., trips to museums, concerts, plays, or the park)
- Escorting clients to doctors’ appointments
- Providing counseling and mentorship to family stakeholders and other Care Partners
- Running errands for clients (e.g., grocery shopping, sundries)
- Reminding clients to take their medications
- Doing light exercise with clients (e.g., helping with stretching routine)
- Assisting clients with their correspondence and bills
- Assisting clients in preparing meals
- Performing light housekeeping, such as dusting, tidying, and laundry
APPLY HERE NOW: https://easyapply.co/job/care-partner-companion?rcid=idealist
Visit our website at renewalcare.org to see our list of benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply with both your resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.