Communications and Development Associate
- Job posted by Latino Economic Development Center (Washington, DC)
641 S St. NW
LEDC is seeking a Communications and Development Associate to support its communications, marketing, fundraising, and event efforts. The position provides the opportunity for front-line access to the impact of a variety of economic development initiatives among Latino and other underserved communities. The Communications and Development Associate is a member of the organization’s Development team and will report to the Development Director, but their day-to-day efforts will be monitored by LEDC’s Development Manager.
- Prepare press releases, with the approval of the Executive Director
- Work with staff to identify potential media opportunities and stories
- Take responsibility for compiling the organization’s quarterly newsletter
- Work with Executive and Development Directors and Development Manager to produce Annual Report. Responsible for gathering client information from staff, interviewing clients, drafting stories, and compiling all other needed content
- Coordinate other communications and advertising as needed
- Create and distribute email “blast” communications
- Maintain the organization’s presence on social media platforms
- Keep website content current, user-friendly, and engaging
- Assist with creating and updating all printed materials
- Contribute to continuous development of image bank by photographing LEDC’s work
- Assume responsibilities including but not limited to correspondence, donor data entry, and donor recognition
- Maintain organization’s network database (individual donors, volunteers, clients)
- Coordinate annual online fundraiser
- Assist with the drafting and production of proposals
- Assist with event planning
- Prepare sponsorship and marketing materials for organizational level events (marketing materials for programmatic events are lead by program teams)
- Work at events as assigned, which may include weekends and evenings
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The Associate will be expected to complete additional communications and development tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and job requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business, non-profit management or related field such as communications, public relations or marketing
- Excellent verbal and written skills are mandatory, as well as organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to be self-motivated and disciplined
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, highly preferred
- Nonprofit fund development and marketing experience desirable
- Current knowledge and experience working with social media
- Excellent working knowledge of website maintenance
- Excellent working knowledge of software applications including Word, Excel and Publisher, as well as Illustrator
Salary and Benefits:
· Salary depends on experience and qualifications.
· Benefits are competitive within the DC area: compensation currently includes healthcare plan, 10 observed holidays, and 4 weeks of vacation per year.
To learn more about LEDC visit www.ledcmetro.org.
LEDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Marjorie Nemes, Development Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.