POSITION TITLE: Program Officer, Hawaii
REPORTS TO: Program Vice President, West Region
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt/Full Time
LOCATION: Oahu, HI
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $22 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC seeks an experienced, team player to serve as Program Officer to lead its economic equity and prosperity work in Hawaii. The Program Officer will be responsible for the design and implementation of an inclusive economic development framework that integrates talent, job, district, and small business development. The Program Officer will also support the growth of neighborhood economies and develop pathways for both people and places to prosper, which LISC recognizes as fundamental to health and wellness.
- Design program strategy, provide guidance and lead implementation for all aspects of LISC’s local economic development program activity.
- Develop impact investment strategies that use LISC’s financial resources to catalyze a pipeline of economic development, small business and other real estate projects and catalytic programs.
- Establish a network of neighborhood partners, local government agencies, and other community stakeholders to support the implementation of the economic development agenda and provide appropriate technical assistance accordingly.
- Represent LISC in coalitions, working groups and other forums related to economic development and health/wellness
- Supervise any related support staff to carry out LISC’s economic development strategy and operate its programs.
- Support fundraising efforts to ensure program growth, including funder identification, grant writing, reports, and compliance.
- Advocate on behalf of LISC and the policy networks at the local, state and federal levels to secure the tools necessary to support inclusive economic development.
- Leverage the use of National LISC resources, priorities, and expertise in New York City.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, real estate or related fields.
- Five to seven years program experience in community economic development, finance, workforce development, entrepreneurial support or related field.
- Knowledge of Hawaii market, including experience working with municipalities.
- Demonstrated commitment to LISC’s mission and understanding of community development policies and programs, especially housing and economic development.
- Demonstrated track record in providing leadership on program impact.
- Skilled in teambuilding, facilitation techniques, and human capital development.
- Demonstrated commitment to attract sustain programmatic funding.
- Demonstrated experience in shaping capital investment through development or lending.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge, understanding of, and experience in community development strategies, including deep knowledge of real estate related resource and capital development strategies utilized in real estate and community revitalization efforts.
- Understanding of community development, workforce development, and small business policy.
- Fluency using and understanding data to inform decision making.
- Entrepreneurial orientation: ability to seek out creative approaches to community issues.
Supervision and Compensation
- The Program Officer for Hawaii reports to the Program Vice President, West region.
- LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits package. Local travel is required.
Send RESUMES and COVER LETTERS via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE