Details: Salary range is commensurate with experience.
142 Berkeley Street
The Director of Healthcare Partnerships plays a leadership role on the development team in overseeing relationship management within the healthcare industry, prioritizing pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The successful individual in this role will identify, prospect, and close partnership opportunities and sponsorships/grants with pharma / biotech, with support from a partnerships manager. In addition to corporate stakeholders, s/he will develop and maintain strong alliances with key players in oncology, including nonprofits, patient advocates, and leading healthcare and hospital networks. The Director will leverage expertise of the oncology landscape to identify and create engagement activities such as events, publications, program collaboration and co-funding opportunities. Through both revenue-generating and program-based partnerships, the Director will continually expand Family Reach’s footprint within these organizations and throughout the oncology industry.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, and has ample account management, fundraising or sales experience. S/he will be ready to develop and execute engagement strategies, communicate effectively and convincingly with a broad range of key stakeholders (sponsors, decision makers, colleagues, patients), deliver results, and think and work innovatively.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Development and working closely across internal teams, this position will develop relationships to increase funding, and create and execute strategies to distribute funding for industry and program partners. The Director, Healthcare Partnerships will manage a team responsible for partner cultivation and stewardship.
Fundraising / Business Development and Activation
- Design, implement, and manage a proactive development plan focused on establishing, expanding and enhancing corporate pharmaceutical and biotechnology partnerships to generate new sponsorship and funding opportunities
- Oversee and manage a growing team focused on engaging with corporate pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Renew or expand existing opportunities, and remain top of mind with all key pharmaceutical and biotech sponsors
- Build, adapt and deliver compelling presentations and programs according to the specific needs of prospects and partners
- Maintain the highest level of communication and cooperation while building long-term relationships with partners and Family Reach employees and families
- Enact grant and sponsorship activation, actively collaborating with the programs, communications, operations and development teams at Family Reach
- Actively use salesforce.com to document and track opportunities and progress against plan
CRFT Thought Development
- Serve as an internal resource and identify opportunities to maximize CRFT awareness in the oncology community
- Lead strategy for the Family Reach Imagine Session – a think tank created to unite stakeholders from across the cancer community and beyond in the development of solutions for CRFT
- Continuously learn relevant information regarding CRFT and how key players in healthcare are positioning relevant research, interventions and programs, and share critical information with team members
- Define and standardize best practices in advocacy and nonprofit relations
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed
- 5+ years demonstrated successful pharmaceutical and biotechnology enterprise level business development/ account management experience
- Strong knowledge of the pharma / biotech advocacy, marketing, and product lifecycle
- Familiarity with not-for-profit associations and alliances in the cancer space a plus
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding revenue generation plans
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills and political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships within all organizational levels
- Significant strategic planning experience and ability to conceive, design, implement, evaluate and manage account programs and strategies
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, negotiation and marketing skills
- Must be comfortable working with internal leaders and external senior corporate executives
Family Reach is a national nonprofit dedicated to alleviating the financial burden of cancer. Working with more than 300 hospitals and cancer centers nationwide, the organization provides immediate financial assistance, education and navigation to families before they hit critical breaking points. Family Reach’s efficient, solutions-driven model bridges the gap between hospital and home, quickly providing the vital support families need to stay afloat. For more information visit www.familyreach.org.
Family Reach is an equal opportunity employer.
Family Reach offers a comprehensive benefits package with medical, disability, retirement and generous vacation and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org