32 Osgood Street
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves?
We have created a new position at PCCD and we're looking for a creative, entrepreneurial, action-oriented person to join our executive team! As Chief Programming Officer, you will help implement the strategic vision and guiding philosophy of our agency. This is an exciting time to join PCCD: our agency is poised for growth! We need you to research and develop new programming that aligns with our mission to provide educational and therapeutic services for children of all abilities and their families. You'll also support and mentor a team of smart and experienced program directors as they continuously work to improve and innovate within and across their own programs.
For almost fifty years, The Professional Center for Child Development has dedicated itself to providing children of all abilities with a solid foundation for life-long learning through our developmental, educational and therapeutic programs. With support from our highly-skilled pediatric professionals, children are able to achieve their full potential. We are a non-profit agency which includes a Chapter 766 Day School, Early Intervention Program, Preschool, Private Therapy Program, Regional Consultation Program, and Toddler Group Program.
Do you enjoy setting goals and helping a team to reach them? Do you have experience managing one or more programs, including budgeting responsibilities? Do you like to think outside the box and can you get others excited about your (well-thought-out, evidence-based) outside-the-box ideas? Can you collaborate in an atmosphere of open communication and give-and-take? This could be the position for you!
Requirements of the position:
- A minimum of eight years of demonstrated leadership experience in a nonprofit, government, or philanthropy environment, overseeing multiple programs or contracts ideally at an organization serving children in a health and/or educational setting. A bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree in Business/Public Health/Special Education/Public Administration or a related field is strongly desired. A Special Education License, EEC Director I and II Certification, or CEIS are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a multi-site structure to include professional development and mentorship.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes.
- Passion for PCCD’s mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this passion to a wide range of diverse stakeholders, both verbally and written.
- Collaborative work style; must be able to communicate and work with internal and external constituents in an approachable and open manner. Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus, and strengthen collaboration.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work independently, and be flexible.
- This position requires current background checks of Massachusetts CORI, DCF, national SORI and national Criminal History Records, which must be deemed “suitable” by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.
We value your important contributions by offering:
- Family-friendly flexible schedules
- Medical, dental insurance with employer cost sharing
- Life and disability insurance provided by employer
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Staff development and training reimbursement
- A supportive team environment with ongoing supervision and mentoring
- Have student loans? Our status as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public service organization means that working for us may make you eligible for some types of federal loan forgiveness programs (please see studentaid.ed.gov for more information)
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested working as part of a team of caring and dedicated (and just plain nice!) people doing meaningful work in our community, please apply! We look forward to learning more about you!
Minimum Education Required