Green Our Planet seeks a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to provide operating and strategic oversight through a phase of rapid organizational growth and technological innovation.
Reporting to Co-Chief Executive Officers (Co-CEOs), the COO will participate as a key thought leader in all aspects of the business, with a view towards technology as an enabler of program delivery and impact. They will have operational responsibility for Green Our Planet programs and will manage a group of program directors. They will provide leadership to ongoing planning and implementation of growth initiatives.
This position requires a seasoned, mission-focused, and process-minded individual with experience executing on vision and strategy through day-to-day operations, technology deployment, financial oversight, and staff management.
The location for this position is flexible, though ideally based in the Western United States. Travel to Las Vegas will be frequent if not based in our Las Vegas headquarters.
Program Operational Leadership:
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of programs.
- Lead technology integration across programs to accelerate progress towards our ambitious impact goals.
- Identify opportunities for Green Our Planet to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Green Our Planet’s high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis, planning, and program delivery.
- Instill a human capital development and coaching culture within Green Our Planet; upgrade human resources functions including training, development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, performance evaluation and recruiting.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of Green Our Planet’s operational units through sound fiscal management.
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of Green Our Planet.
Strategic Plan Implementation:
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for technology integration and strategic plan implementation processes with the Co-CEOs and staff.
- Create and implement business processes and systems for rapid program growth.
- Coach program managers as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program management experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made a significant impact. The successful candidate will partner with the Co-CEOs and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience with at least 10 years senior program management experience.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement program strategies.
- Direct experience scaling up organizational infrastructure, including creation and implementation of business processes and systems, at the right time and at the right scale with an eye to the future, using the implementation of a new app as an integral component.
- Experience working directly with business leaders and/or educators, serving as their technology partner.
- Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management.
- Track record of effectively leading educational and/or direct service organizations with a complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
- Passionate about Green Our Planet’s mission and be able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of Green Our Planet to external and internal stakeholders.