1319 F Street, NW
About First Book: First Book (https://firstbook.org) believes that education offers children the best possible path out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 175 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to age 18 annually, First Book has built the country’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving kids in need. Today First Book reaches 375,000 educators nationwide with an additional 1,000 joining every week. In addition to our work in the United States, First Book also distributed books to children in more than 30 countries last year.
A recognized leader in social enterprise, First Book harnesses the power of the private sector to advance social change. First Book has also been highlighted for its innovation and impact by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the World Economic Forum and in case studies at Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School, the Yale School of Management, and the London School of Economics. Finally, Charity Navigator recently awarded First Book its highest rating, including a perfect score for Accountability & Transparency.
About the Role:
This specific position oversees the development and execution of the digital marketing strategy to drive the distribution of resources through our ecommerce platforms via the use of multi-media marketing channels, as well as monitoring and enhancing the user’s experience. This position is responsible for leading and managing a team around brainstorming and implementing new and innovative ideas to grow First Book’s network of educators and convert more members to users. The goal of this role and of this team is to grow First Book’s network and engage additional educators and programs serving children in need, to distribute more free and low-cost resources to those who need them most.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
· Leading the creative development and execution of annual and quarterly digital marketing strategies to maximize the amount of resources that are distributed to the First Book network. This includes:
o Drafting strategy documents based on goals and performance indicators.
o Presenting strategy to external partners as it pertains to relationship development.
o Gathering the data needed to create business cases for any internal or external funding needed to execute on marketing strategy.
o Working with our New Business team to craft packages that can be funded by partners to fundraise for the required budget to execute on the strategy.
· Developing and executing on a Digital Ad strategy as laid out in the annual and quarterly strategy. This includes:
o Leading the team through the creative thinking needed to execute a successful ad strategy for custom audiences to drive the distribution of resources, promote registration, and promote partner objectives. Comprehensive reporting and guidance through daily management to maximize conversion through each ad group.
o Guide the team through creating custom landing pages and marketing assets to drive conversion after the initial ad click.
· Stay current on web and e-commerce trends and champion new tactics that will help the organization maximize their online reach to drive conversion.
· Managing the internal cost and external costs of resources needed to continue to meet the organizational goals.
· Leading the team in monitoring and enhancing the user experience of our e-commerce platform.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· A minimum of 10 years of work experience required in the Digital Marketing space.
· Must have experience leading digital marketing team and proven track record of driving conversion and performance through e-commerce.
· Must be knowledgeable and up to date on e-mail marketing best practices and maximizing marketing efforts in this space.
· Experience with Facebook and Google ad placement required.
· Experience with affiliate marketing programs and tools a plus.
· Experience with Google Analytics a must and Kissmetics is a plus.
· Must have a firm grasp on user experience best practices in the digital space.
· eCommerce Marketing and copywriting experience required.
· Knowledge of IT processes required.
· Experience with Salesforce and Pardot or similar email marketing experience a huge plus.
· Adobe Photoshop knowledge is a plus.
· Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, proven track record for showing initiative, and a solutions-oriented approach to opportunities and challenges.
· Must be a proven leader committed to the growth of a team.
· Must possess a private sector head and a public-sector heart. Ability to leverage private sector experience in public sector preferred.
· Must have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Must be willing to travel several times a year.
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position to http://firstbook.force.com/careers.
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
- Vacation leave
- Sick leave
- Eleven Annual Holidays
- 401 K and employer matching pension contribution
- Transportation benefits
Minimum Education Required