1800 West Loop South
Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with U.S. and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 50 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
The Program Operations Coordinator is a position within the Programs Department focused on supporting the efficient and effective implementation of all programs. We are looking for a highly organized individual who is committed to providing an excellent structure and support for the AMIGOS Country and Regional Directors. The Program Operations Coordinator is a Houston-based position designed to support the year-round work flow needed to keep Summer, Discover and Gap programs moving. We are looking for a detail-oriented and experienced communicator who can organize and support various administrative and support processes. This position will include opportunities for career advancement and increased responsibility upon positive performance.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Seasonal Staff Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
- Supports the implementation of a seasonal staff recruitment plan by coordinating the screening and selection process.
- Supports the onboarding of seasonal staff and the planning and implementation of Senior Staff and Project Supervisor training.
- Supports processes to update project staff resources for use in the field.
Program Support and Management
- Assists Regional Directors in the annual planning, implementation, and evaluation of Summer, Discover and Gap programs.
- Ensures that collaborative agreements with Partners are kept signed and up to date.
- Updates project management resources for seasonal staff members.
- Keeps abreast of political, economic, health and safety issues within Latin America.
- Works closely with the Managing Director of Programs to develop, track and monitor Summer, Gap and Discover program budgets and expenses.
- Supports the annual departmental budget development process.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensures efficient, timely, and accurate implementation of all existing monitoring & evaluation tools.
- Assists in the identification of recommendations for program adjustments based on data.
Marketing & Fund Development
- Ensures the marketing and recruitment teams have accurate, detailed and up to date information about AMIGOS programs for the website and all promotional materials.
- Coordinates the collection of multimedia and stories for recruitment and fundraising.
Health and Safety
- Supports the Health and Safety Manager and Managing Director of Programs to ensure that health and safety protocols are integrated into all programs.
- Supports the 24-hour emergency on-call system by assisting the Emergency Management Team and taking on-call shifts during the year.
Entry level salary; excellent benefits; food, lodging & transportation expenses covered during periods of travel.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required