Details: Commensurate with experience.
The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) supports people who have lost or left their homes. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our leadership, team, network of service providers, and advocates has helped redirect the destiny of countless vulnerable lives. In neighborhoods, in Washington, and around the world, we break down barriers and demand justice for refugees and immigrants as they successfully integrate into new communities. We provide essential social and legal services to rebuild productive lives, turning tragedy into prosperity. We are a purpose driven organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in forced or voluntary migration worldwide and supporting their transition to a dignified life. To learn more about our work, please visit our website at www.refugees.org.
The Case Manager for the Refugee Support Services Program (RSSP) will provide support to refugees clients and provide access to employability services, English language assessment and training, transportation, and case management. The program will sustainably increase capacity to provide poverty-reduction and non-traditional services to refugees. The position will report to the Field Office Director in Cleveland, OH.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide case management and training related to employability and self-sufficiency;
- Develop self-sufficiency plans for clients;
- Referral to agency services to remove barriers to self-sufficiency;
- Maintain case files;
- Update the Refugee Services Web Tool weekly;
- Submit written reports as required;
- Provide cross-cultural information;
- Orient refugee clients to community resources;
- Work to connect clients with supportive community networks and support systems to ensure their long-term integration in the community;
- Ensure that refugees are being served in a linguistically and culturally appropriate manner and provide education and advocacy when necessary; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A degree in Social Work or related field preferred;
- Experience in case management or social work preferred;
- Experience with refugee populations preferred;
- Excellent communication skills with good written command of English;
- Ability to work as a team member and independently, with high level of self-motivation required;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including keen listening ability and relationship building;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Must have a valid driver's license, insurance, clean driving record and personal transportation; and
- Dedication to the human rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, and displaced people.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity;
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands; and Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partnership status, marital status, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV status, age, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications with your online application.Apply for Case Manager using the link below:
References will be required at time of the final interview.
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled