1911 Church Street
Summary of Role
- The Youth Worker will provide support to Y.O.U's Out of School Time Programs in elementary and middle schools located in Evanston, Skokie, and Morton Grove .
- This is an hourly position with a pay rate of $12.00 per hour.
- Training is required and will be held in early September 2018 (exact schedule TBD). Youth Workers will be paid on an hourly basis for their attendance.
- Starting in mid-September 2018 the hours are Monday-Thursdays, approx. 1:30-6:30 pm (20 hours a week) depending on the school site and Y.O.U.’s 2017-2018 program calendar.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and support activities that focus on relationship building, social-emotional enrichment, life skill development, and academic assistance.
- Build positive relationships with youth that support their success and well-being.
- Lead workshops on social-emotional enrichment and project based learning.
- Deliver group instruction and homework help in a safe and structured environment.
- Help youth build healthy positive relationships with each other, with adults, and with their families.
- Engage with parents and family members as needed to support the youth.
- Demonstrate professional behavior that supports team efforts and enhances team behavior, performance and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A deep passion for working with youth and families.
- A youth development orientation, strong sense of teamwork, leadership skills, and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a diverse group of team members and youth.
- Personal qualities of integrity, emotional maturity, and credibility; a demonstrated history of using good judgment.
- Bachelor's degree in or enrolled in school for relevant field (i.e., Sociology, Education, Social Work).
- At least 1 year previous experience working with youth.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and willing to drive groups of youth as needed.
Minimum Education Required