425 College St.
<img alt="betterworkplaceuhh" src="https://cdn01.icims.com/platform_14.1.140718.67767/uniteherehealth.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=2816&hashed=1956546554&a=1405719764000">
Looking for a way to influence the health and healthcare of many?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! Our mission-driven organization is focused on the“Triple Aim” - Better Health, Better Healthcare and Lower Costs to individuals and their families who participate in our health plans.
UNITE HERE HEALTH serves 100,000+ workers and 220,000 covered lives in the hospitality and gaming industry nationwide. Our desire to be innovative and progressive drives us to develop impactful programs and benefits designed to engage our participants in managing their own health and healthcare. Our vision is exciting and challenging. Please read on to learn more about this great opportunity!
- Integrity – Must be trustworthy and principled when faced with complex situations
- Ability to build positive work relationships – Mutual trust and respect will be essential to the collaborative relationships required
- Communication – Ability to generate concise, compelling, objective and data-driven reports
- Teamwork – Working well with others is required in the Fund’s collaborative environment
- Diversity – Must be capable of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Continuous Learning – Must be open to learning and skill development. As the Fund’s needs evolve, must be proactive about developing new areas of expertise
- Lives our values – Must be a role model for the Fund’s BETTER Culture and Mission (Better, Engage, Teamwork, Trust, Empower, Respect)
The purpose of this position is to engage members about the plan/region’s health and benefit education initiatives through proactive telephonic outreach and worksite visits, and work with members on where to get answers to questions about their benefits, claims and eligibility.
- Performs proactive telephonic and in-person education around healthcare priorities of the plan/region (e.g. having a PCP, staying in network, connecting with Case Management, using Urgent Care Center instead of Emergency Room, moving to an Rx Closed Formulary etc.)
- Educates participants coming into small regional office or encountered during worksite visits on how to get questions answered related to claims, eligibility, and benefits
- Attends education and enrollment events at worksites
- Provides support to staff on care coordination, ad hoc projects and administration
- Documents work and outcomes in CarMa
- Facilitates Better Living (group self-management) workshops, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job
- Performs Essential Job Functions and Duties with or without reasonable accommodation
Years of Experience and Knowledge
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required
- 1 ~ 2 years of related experience minimum
- Working knowledge and experience in health care, customer service, community education, and/or service sector labor unions
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills with demonstrated ability to learn
- Required fluency (speak and write) in Spanish
- Active listening skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to connect with others on a personal level
Level of Language Proficiency
Required fluency (speak and write) Spanish
Minimum Education Required