Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a global research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. As its core business, IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. With a long-term presence in 22 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, you will be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions. We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Specialist, Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI). This newly created position will report to IPA’s Executive Director.
Job responsibilities for the Senior Specialist, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion include:
- Lead implementation of the DEI strategy by providing support, thought leadership and guidance to senior leadership, operational and programmatic teams and HR.
- Create and act as program manager for a diversity, inclusion and equity council to act on behalf of IPA and create accountability, provide governance and oversight, and promote organizational-wide communication on efforts and progress.
- Complete DEI statement, commitments and associated metrics, and create and roll-out mechanisms for data collection and monitoring. Create and roll out mechanisms for data collection and monitor associated DEI metrics. Work closely with IPA’s teams and Global HR to track and report on current state and progress made towards DEI commitments.
- Collaborate with the Global HR team to assess and build policies, processes with a particular focus on what is needed to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse community.
- Work closely with regional and country leadership to develop and implement country-level DEI plans that align with and support the organizational strategy.
- Identify and introduce most effective trainings and resources to support staff DEI literacy, and create and sustain a diverse, equitable and inclusive organizational culture.
- Create, manage, and grow IPA’s external partnerships domestically and internationally working with outside organizations (e.g., universities, associations,) to drive recruitment of a diverse staff and support underrepresented groups in economics, development and other fields.
- Collaborate with IPA Internal & External Relations team to prepare and create DEI communications material increasing knowledge, dialogue and conversations about critical issues that will be distributed across sites.
- Assist HR and Management on issues concerning work related employee relations, interpreting and applying company policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree required in a related field, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years of professional work experience and project management experience;.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and high degree of cultural awareness, sensitivity, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated experience working on DEI related initiatives within a global company including experience creating and delivering training on diversity and inclusion topics.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and analytics into insights, stories, and visual representations to present and share across IPA.
- Knowledgeable on appropriate federal, state, local, laws, rules, regulations, HR policies and procedures regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to handle complex issues with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- A self-starter with the ability to use good judgment to problem solve and capable of driving results.
- Excellent communication, client management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, familiarity with HRIS (Netsuite preferred)
- Experience with working in global/ non-profits a plus.