Details: Salary is commensurate with education and experience
800 Gates Avenue
Who We Are Seeking to Join Us
We seek mission driven full-time professionals with high expectations for children and the willingness to engage in deep reflection and growth. Our staff members are persistent, dedicated professionals, who are team players and have a sense of humor. We are passionate about the development, learning and success of all children, and relentless about attaining the best outcomes. We seek educators of high personal integrity and character who are committed to social justice, as we believe that we teach who we are.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications
- Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Jupiter Ed, ATS and Student Information preferred, but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Strong written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
- 2+ years of work experience
- Update student information and related systems, in the areas of personal contact information, health and emergency information, and parental permission as needed
- Receive and distribute all messages in a timely, efficient, detail oriented way
- Organize and facilitate timely, well-executed information requests
- Filing (paper and electronic) of all documents to support the work of our staff
- Notify families of any and all health concerns
- Prepare daily attendance in conjunction with our Student Information Manager
- Produce, verify and archive daily attendance reports; Communicate attendance information to Principal and Assistant Principals, as appropriate, for family follow up.
- Compose letters, memos, and reports, and respond to emails in both English and Spanish
- Answer calls that come through the general line in a respectful and professional manner that demonstrates our core values
- Organize distribution of parent communications including phone calls, written and web notifications.
- Maintain accurate and updated phone lists for all classrooms, field trips, daily bus service and staff.
- Attend conferences and meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion for families.
Assistant to the Principal
- Support with daily communication through email.
- Embody the La Cima Core Principles of Community, Accountability, Reconciliation and Effective Effort.
- Assist ill students by taking temperatures and communicating messages to family members, as appropriate
- Participate in a variety of staff development programs, including summer institute, throughout the year with a desire to grow and develop professionally.
- Assist with school-wide events including assemblies, special programs, after school, etc.
- Work collaboratively with grade level and school-wide team to develop a culture of learning, both inside and outside of the classroom; Recognize the importance of living and teaching our core principles every day; Consistently model a learning orientation for children and colleagues
- Perform other duties to support the ongoing development of La Cima, as deemed appropriate by school leadership
Skills and Characteristics
- At least 2 years of administrative experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; charter school experience highly preferred, but not required
- Fluent in Spanish
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to La Cima’s mission and educational model
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when necessary
- Willingness and comfort to work autonomously, collaboratively, and/ or under the direction of senior staff, as needed
- Acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
- Flexible and able to work within an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in getting work accomplished
- Personal qualities of maturity, humility, strong work ethic, professionalism, a roll-up-my-sleeves attitude, and a sense of humor!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Paid Time Off, Family and Medical Leave, Parental Leave, Medical Insurance, Pension (403B Summary Plan) and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish and English is required
Minimum Education Required