29-76 Northern Boulevard
Responsible for the direct placement of jobseekers, working with the Career Advisors to review candidates’ resumes, provide job interview coaching, strategically place them based on skill set and overall ability, and provide post-placement follow-up services to determine job satisfaction; track and analyze each candidate’s interview/placement activity and develop new employment partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize a strategic, individualized approach to place 70 – 100 high-risk individuals annually in sustainable jobs and facilitate replacement services for employers and jobseekers when necessary;
- Demonstrate to employers the effectiveness and profitability of employing Fortune’s jobseekers by identifying positions commensurate with their skill sets;
- Establish relationships with employers that allow for the flow of information regarding problems, complaints, and progress of recently placed jobseekers; identify and discuss corrective action strategies with direct supervisor as needed;
- Educate employers on the socioeconomic advantages of hiring from Fortune’s pool of candidates; be able to cite recent departmental employment statistics and competitive advantage of hiring from Fortune;
- Assist in the completion of strong working resumes for each jobseeker and ensure the candidate’s ability to speak to their resume prior to their interview(s); instruct applicants in job search and interviewing techniques as needed;
- Work alongside the Employment Services Career Advisors to determine job-readiness of each candidate and identify top candidates for specific job orders;
- Maintain regular phone, email, and in-person communication with clients in account base; document all pertinent discussions, milestones, events, and incidents in real-time in the Harmony database system;
- Monitor and report on the employment status and salary/benefits/hours of clients on a weekly to monthly basis; track job retention at critical milestones throughout the year with the overarching goal of attaining 365-day continuous employment for each individual;
- Develop unique motivational strategies and incentives to get client base to 365-day employment retention goal;
- Assist Employment Services team in identifying additional resources and partners who can assist with basic needs fulfillment (i.e.: employment, housing, clothing, haircuts, incentives); and
- Assist in community outreach events and resource fairs as needed.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in the workforce development field, or in a related sales capacity, with a solid, proven job bank/lead list, strong references and familiarity/comfort with working in a quota-driven environment and significant cross-sector job placement experience;
- Ability to track client information and job leads in on-line database and Excel, and use email and internet for communicating with clients and potential employers;
- Proven ability to place candidates in sustainable jobs;
- Multi-sector, multi-contract placement experience;
- Strong working knowledge of the five boroughs;
- Strong resume development ability;
- Experience working with at risk and/or formerly incarcerated population a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus;
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus; and
- Demonstrated willingness to work within a team environment while also achieving, and maintaining, personal monthly goals.
Requires travel throughout the 5 boroughs to reach out to current and potential new employment partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Minimum Education Required