Reports to: Director of Development
At Pasado’s Safe Haven, we envision a world where every animal is recognized as an individual with the right to live free from abuse, abandonment, neglect, and exploitation. We pioneer best practices in education and activism, and our commitment to justice in human-animal relationships drives work that is focused on the most vulnerable animals among us – victims of cruelty and neglect, pets of low income families lacking access to critical services, and those whose very survival depends upon social and/or legislative change. We are raising the bar on an entire system.
Pasado’s Safe Haven adheres to and exceeds sector best practices and enjoys the highest accreditation from the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, Guide Star, Charity Navigator.
In preparation for a major capital campaign, Pasado’s Safe Haven is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to join our dynamic development team.
The MGO partners with the Pasado’s Safe Haven Development Director to build and sustain a robust major gifts program to further the organization’s mission of ending animal cruelty. The MGO forges relationships, and develops and implements tailored strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a personal portfolio for individual major donors and major donor prospects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identify major/planned gift prospects and develop compelling engagement strategies
- Prepare solicitation planning sheets and proposals for meetings with individual major gift donors and major donor prospects
- Coordinate donor relation activities with the Development Director, Executive Director, and volunteers
- Conduct one-to-one cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship meetings with donors and prospects
- Use “moves management” to motivate donors and prospects to make “stretch” gifts to Pasado’s Safe Haven
- Track progress against annual and multiyear goals and benchmarks
- Maintain prospect lists and prospect tracking reports, utilizing Little Green Light software
- Participate as a member of the Development Department team
- Provide staff support to relevant volunteer committees
- Other duties as needed
- Passionate about our mission of ending animal cruelty
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized and self-motivated; ability to work independently and collaboratively as situations warrant
- Proven ability to create and manage a major gifts portfolio
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Ability to stay focused on outcomes with competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Positive attitude and mature perspective
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission
- Comfortable dealing with confidential information
- Minimum 3 years of proven resource development and fundraising experience, preferably raising major gifts ($5,000+)
- Minimum of B.A. required
- Experience with Little Green Light software is a plus
- Medical, dental, and vision, (employees contribute a percentage)
- Paid-time-off and holidays, accrued according to schedule
- “At cost” veterinary care when possible
- Opportunity to bring your dog to work
- Flexible schedule and remote days possible
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required