1126 16th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
CLOSE: Until filled
CONTACT: Maritza Santibáñez, Director, Event
Strategy and Programming
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers at the national and local levels. For almost 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
UnidosUS is seeking a Marketing and Events Manager for its Washington, D.C. office. This is a multifaceted position and responsible for bridging event programming and marketing to ensure the execution of successful and engaging high level events that make a lasting impact. The Manager will support the content development of events while overseeing the project management, from a content perspective, to ensure successful event execution is on time and on budget. The Manager will also work closely with the Communications and Marketing team to develop strategies and create collateral materials to market events, speakers, specific sessions and workshops aimed at driving attendee participation and media coverage.
The right candidate will pro-actively fundraise and successfully develop both major gifts and annual giving initiatives by collaborating with multiple constituencies, including non-profit boards and high-level donors.
Under the supervision of the Director, Event Strategy and Programming, the Marketing and Events Manager will also support the overall event production management. He or she will develop event production timelines, conduct research, and manage speakers and vendors. The person in this position will work closely with other members of the policy team and coworkers with extensive expertise on different topics to help create and manage original multi-format event content that informs, connects with, and ultimately motivates and engages our audience to stay informed, get involved and take action.
• Support the development of high level event programming, strategic goals and measurement programs.
• Manage all aspects of event content deliverables, project plans, schedules, reporting and ensuring priorities are addressed appropriately.
• Manage communications with speakers and moderators; organize and host various calls and meetings as necessary.
• Ensure that UnidosUS’s brand and messaging is consistent and effective.
• Work with Director of Event Programming to manage speaker needs such as speaker invitations, speaker customer service, speaker changes, proofing presentations, etc.
• Research, hire and manage appropriate vendors and additional staff while staying on budget.
• Work in collaboration with the Marketing team to successfully promote and market all content information appropriately through all marketing channels as well as market and promote high-level events, speakers and specific sessions and workshops.
• Create and execute various reports that share key findings from the content development through post-event cycles.
• Develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams to ensure flawless execution.
• Help communicate and manage the expectation of criteria for speakers, sessions, event formats (panel discussions, keynotes, chats, town halls, workshops, etc.)
• Plan and lead committee and volunteer meetings and outline volunteer roles and responsibilities.
• Oversee events to ensure they are successfully executed and provide support as necessary.
• Analyze event’s success, identifying areas for improvement, apply key learnings to modify processes, have knowledge of and adopt best practices and incorporate feedback as appropriate.
• Manage program staff, vendors, volunteers, temps and interns for onsite execution of annual conference.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least 3-5 years of experience in marketing, content development, event programming focus or similar field.
• Strategic project management experience and organizational skills including the ability to set and drive requirements across multiple functional areas.
• Skills in building and establishing relationships with cross-functional teams and ability to facilitate project activities with each audience.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work proactively and independently, problem solve, improvise, manage priorities, and function as part of a team that must meet tight deadlines.
• Strategic thinker who can take initiative and think creatively in order to add value and enhance the promotion and marketing of events.
• Ability to collaborate and develop positive relationships with all cross-functional peers and stakeholders.
• Diplomacy, integrity, and presence that enables you to work effectively at all levels within a large organization.
• Enthusiastic team player with exceptional communications, writing, project management and interpersonal skills.
• Motivated self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and proven success at meeting deadlines.
• Verbal and written Spanish communication skills a plus.
• Dynamic, enthusiastic individual who is passionate and can further advance the goals and mission of UnidosUS.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
1126 16th St., NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Subject Line: Marketing and Events Manager
Attn: Maritza Santibáñez
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.