19 Clarendon Street
The School Administrator for the Boston Studio provides essential support to Boston Ballet’s daily operations, administration and customer service for its educational programming. Boston Ballet serves a diverse and inclusive population across three school locations (Boston, Newton and the North Shore town of Marblehead). As an integral part of the School’s administration, he/she reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with School Principals and leadership.
He/she will act as a point of contact for faculty, staff, and customers during Boston Ballet School (BBS) classes. He/she will maintain a positive, comfortable environment in the studio and communicate regularly to the studio managers. He/she will develop and maintain positive relations with parents and students and assist the BBS team in enrolling and retaining prospective and existing customers.
The School Administrator works Tuesday-Saturday with some evening work required. This position is considered non-exempt.
- Studio Administration:
- Fosters positive relationships with existing and prospective education families. Provides ongoing support for customers; responds to their questions and needs by phone, email and in-person.
- Maintains student attendance records, including attendance book upkeep, recording absences, scheduling make-up classes and submitting monthly attendance reports
- Prepares, schedules and follows-up with prospective customers on audition/ registration results
- Assists with the collection and recording of class tuition, administers adult open classes and other related transactions
- Oversees BBS Birthday Party Program in coordination with Newton and North Shore Studio School Administrators
- Trains part-time Studio Administrators and maintains Studio Administrator schedules
- Covers studio administrators’ schedules where and when necessary
- Daily Operations:
- Handles office management needs including ordering office supplies, maintaining collateral materials, bulletin boards and office machines (copiers, printers)
- Collaborates with other departments regarding IT and facility maintenance
- Supports all BBS programmatic events (Open Houses, Parent Observation Week, Spring Performances, etc.) and other BB programs, events and activities as requested
- Administrative Support:
- Supports Directors with Executive/ Board relations, including preparing for quarterly BBS Committee meetings
- Assists with internal school-wide operational communications
- Creates and deploys communications to school families
- Assists with social media content creation for BBS social media channels
- Oversees monthly financial tracking and reconciliation
- Facilitates bi-weekly payroll processes
- Assists in preparation of school wide meetings
- Coordinates year-round Wellness Clinics
- Attends weekly BBS team meetings and Institutional meetings as School representative
- Other job-related assignments as required
The successful candidate will be highly organized, proactive and demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude at all times in order to support the BBS team and maintain smooth operations in a busy work environment. He/she will possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a professional demeanor. Must enjoy working with students and parents in an educational environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts management, education or related field, plus one year of professional work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Tessitura a plus
- Enthusiastic about arts/dance education and sensitivity and caring attitude toward children
- Ability to proactively support and assist various job functions and work as a member of a team
Boston Ballet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Commuter Choice Benefit Plan
- Paid Time Off – Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days, and Sick Days
- Free adult dance classes
- Complimentary tickets to Boston Ballet performances
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. IMPORTANT – PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF THE POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL. No phone calls please.