436 14th Street
Reports to: Finance Director
Location: Oakland Office
Hours: 40 Hours/Week; Exempt
The Dream Corps works to close prison doors and open doors of opportunity. We fight hate with Love + Power. Our organization includes four initiatives: #YesWeCode, #cut50, #GreenForAll, and the #LoveArmy.
This is a full-time position focused on implementing the financial processes and procedures to support Dream Corps in its growth phase. The bookkeeper will work closely and collaboratively with the all of the staff of Dream Corps and be supervised by the Finance Director
- Accounts Receivable: Enter and Code checks to appropriate account and print deposit slip
- Accounts Payable: Enter and code invoices to appropriate account print and mail checks.
- Prepare the Bi-Weekly Payroll Processing
- Maintain Vacation and Sick time accruals on a monthly basis
- Experience with Bank Reconciliation
- General Ledger Posting and Reconciliation
- Reconcile and Post Credit Card transactions
- Allocation of shared expenses and shared payroll on a monthly basis
- Maintain Personnel Files
- Maintain Vendor files including contracts, and W-9’s
- Enroll and terminate employees from all Health Benefits including COBRA.
- Experience with all employees benefits and insurance including 401k, worker’s compensation insurance, health savings accounts and flexible spending accounts.
- Maintain accurate spreadsheet of temporarily restricted and unrestricted grants.
- Working with the external auditor, accountants, and Finance Director to prepare for annual audits and annual tax returns.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial data
- Maintain confidential information
- Enter journal entries and adjustments during the month-end close.
Experience & Qualifications Requirements
- Passion for Dream Corps’ mission and a strong desire to impact a quickly growing organization.
- 2+years of nonprofit accounting experience
- AA in accounting or equivalent experience may be substituted
- Professional and resourceful style with ability to work both independently and as a team, and ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Flexible personality to adapt to changing environment
- Proficiency with the current version of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and databases is required. Experience with Expensify expense tracking system is helpful.
- Proficiency with Intuit Payroll service is desirable.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an entertaining cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put “Dream Corps Bookkeeper– [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. You cover letter should describe:
- Your Bookkeeper related experience.
- Your unique qualifications for this position.
This position is based in the Bay Area. Salary is competitive and standard benefits are provided.
The Dream Corps is an equal opportunity employer.