Details: $16.00 - $17.00/hour, 37.5 hours per week
West Chester University Foundation seeks an Advancement Services Associate for our fast paced, dynamic, fundraising environment. The Advancement Services Associate is responsible for various tasks that support the recordkeeping, gift processing and retrieval of data related to the fundraising efforts. This includes updating biographical data, entering gift deposits, analysis and processing of daily gift batches in Raiser's Edge, production of gift receipts, acknowledgement letters and other daily reporting. This person also assists the Director of Advancement Services in maintaining data integrity and adding new data to the database.
Essential Job Functions:
- Update record information and add new constituent records as needed according to procedure while maintaining the highest degree of data integrity.
- Process event registrations and fees, if applicable, through NetCommunity and update Raiser’s Edge records as needed. Create exports as requested.
- Analyze gifts to determine appropriate campaigns, funds, appeals for each gift to be processed; select appropriate authorized official to prepare and sign acknowledgement letter based on the above criteria and the source of the gift, paying close attention to special gift circumstances such as soft credits, split gifts, payments on open pledges, etc.
- Process faculty and staff payroll deductions for recurring and pledge gifts.
- Process daily gift batches in a timely and accurate fashion to adhere to Foundation’s two business day turnaround receipting/ acknowledgment policy.
- Assist Annual Giving efforts through obtaining verification, preparing and processing matching gifts for submission and enter into the database when they are received.
- Produce gift receipts and individualized acknowledgement letters for all gifts received in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Respond to donor inquiries and requests for information from Associate Directors of Development.
- Assist Director of Advancement Services in balancing gift accounts with the Finance department using various reports pertaining to the gift entry process.
- Alert Director of Advancement Services when transactions do not fall within established gift processing policies and procedures in order to maintain integrity of data.
- Organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of hardcopy filing system.
- Contact donors when clarification is needed about donations.
- Produce gift and financial reports as requested by Foundation staff.
- Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and three years of experience in general office environment involving considerable computer work.
- Working knowledge of database software required, relational database systems preferred (Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge fundraising software a plus).
- Ability to analyze data for appropriate gift processing. Recognize complex transactions and follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn complex data entry codes and procedures quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
- Understanding of financial and statistical record-keeping techniques, report generation.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize projects, review work for accuracy and complete in a timely manner.
- Work on multiple tasks with interruptions in an energetic, team environment.
- Work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads.
- Handle and maintain sensitive confidential information.
- Excellent keyboarding (typing) skills for fast and accurate data entry.
- Skilled use of 10-key adding machine.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Experience in a higher education or non-profit setting a plus.
Typical Work Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Constant interruptions.
- May work additional hours as needed.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Regular use of hands to manipulate office tools and equipment, phones and computer keyboard.
- May lift and move office supplies up to 20 pounds.
- May stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and squat to file.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Seeing to read a variety of materials.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
Compensation is commensurate with experience ($16.00-$17.00/hr) and includes full benefit package such as paid time off, medical, dental and life insurance, and employer contribution to retirement plan. For details on available benefits, please refer to the Benefits Summary on our website www.wcufoundation.org/employment. There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants must submit a letter of interest highlighting relevant professional accomplishments, a current resume, the names and contact information of at least three references, and salary requirements.
Please apply by sending requested documents to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The West Chester University Foundation is an independent non-profit organization that raises funds, manages resources, and conducts special projects that advance the mission and goals of West Chester University of Pennsylvania. The West Chester University Foundation is an Institutionally Related Foundation that adheres to the highest fundraising ethics and standards according to the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. More about the WCU Foundation can be found at www.wcufoundation.org.
West Chester University Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability or sexual orientation.