Toxic-Free Future (TFF) is looking for a Finance and Administration Director to join our team! As part of Toxic-Free Future’s management team, the Finance and Administration Director is responsible for all fiscal and operational functions from budgeting and fiscal analysis to overseeing technology systems and office management.
The Finance and Administration Director work closely with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Board of Directors to steward and align resources with organizational priorities and goals, and with program directors to ensure consistent and accurate tracking of expenditures and projection of income.
This position requires strong skills in nonprofit accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, risk management and continuous improvement to lead and manage our organization's financial and operating systems. The role also requires self-discipline, flexibility, creativity, positive attitude, and desire to create the environment in which TFF’s campaigns have the resources to thrive to advance the organization’s mission and goals.
ABOUT TOXIC-FREE FUTURE
Toxic-Free Future (TFF) is a national advocacy organization working to advance safer toxic-free products and prevent the use of harmful chemicals that results in pollution that harms human health and the environment. TFF believes everyone has a right to be healthy and live and work in toxic-free environments, especially disproportionately impacted Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) communities, low-income communities, and workers most impacted by the production, use, and disposal of toxic chemicals. TFF takes on reforming flawed regulatory systems, winning policy and market changes that protect the most vulnerable. We are a growing organization with a passionate, collaborative and dedicated staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and implement ongoing financial processes relating to all accounting functions and schedules, including cost allocations, grant tracking and reporting, month-end closing procedure, and periodic financial reporting.
• Ensure clear, consistent communication among the finance team, with the management team and Board of Directors regarding all financial matters.
• Lead and manage the annual budgeting process in collaboration with the management team.
• Serve as liaison to the board’s Finance Committee; coordinate logistics and materials for quarterly committee meetings; ensure on-time delivery of accurate and clear financial data.
• Manage the outsourced accounting contract to ensure accuracy, including financial reconciliation, cash flow tracking, month and year-end financial closeout process, fiscal sponsee accounting, and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to management.
• Supervise the Administrative Coordinator responsible for bookkeeping entries, including invoices and bill payments, receipts, banking, expense reimbursements, credit card management, etc.
• Maintain and implement employee expense reimbursement policies and procedures.
• Manage all financial transactions for TFF’s fiscal sponsee.
• Manage annual audit process and coordinate annual IRS form 990 reporting with external auditing firm.
• Develop, maintain and implement effective internal controls.
• Ensure completion of local, state and federal filings, registrations, and licensing.
Payroll & Benefits Administration
• Process semi-monthly payroll through payroll platform.
• Manage time sheet compliance, accurate time tracking, and time sheet management.
• Administer employee benefits including health insurance, paid time off, retirement plan deductions and contributions, FSA account activity, and employee reimbursements.
• Manage all benefit policy renewals, open enrollments, membership administration, and staff notifications.
• Manage organizational insurance policies, renewals and administration.
• Maintain permanent personnel files and new employee benefit enrollment and orientation .
• Manage all building lease contracts, sub-leases, room rentals and temporary rental contracts such as storage space, event space, and meeting space, and all equipment leases and equipment maintenance contracts.
• Supervise Administrative Coordinator in the management of the Seattle office space.
• Oversee and supervise IT manager, who is primary contact for external IT contract and supports staff with troubleshooting, password management, computer maintenance, software purchases and licensing, and cyber security.
• With the Deputy Director, maintain and continually improve systems to support a robust internal infrastructure, to meet the needs of staff and organizational needs.
• 5-7 years progressively responsible experience in nonprofit finance and administration with direct experience in accounting and/or payroll and benefits administration in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, preferably working with management at high levels of an organization.
• Experience managing budgets and contracts and ability to analyze budgetary information and assess organizational capacity.
• Substantial knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles and procedures.
• Experience with preparation of audited financial statements and tax returns.
• Highly proficient in QuickBooks Online accounting system and Excel.
• Excellent project management skills and keen attention to detail. Ability to meet multiple deadlines by planning and maintaining a high level of organization.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently to meet goals.
• Demonstrated commitment to ethical business practices, and ability to generate trust and credibility with colleagues across all levels of the organization.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop productive relationships with partners and consultants.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
TFF is committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. TFF believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as an advocacy organization working to protect the health of all citizens from harmful chemicals. TFF seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and foster an inclusive environment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This is a full time, exempt position. Starting salary is $75,000 – $82,000 annually. We also offer a generous benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, monthly wellness benefit, flexible spending account, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays per year, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with an annual employer contribution.
• Please email a resume and cover letter in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please put Finance and Administration Director in the subject line of the email and address the cover letter to Marlyn Twitchell, Deputy Director.
• Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled.
Toxic-Free Future (TFF) is looking for a Finance and Administration Director to join our team! As part of Toxic-Free Future’s management team, the Finance and Administration Director is responsible for all fiscal and…
We offer a generous benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, monthly wellness benefit, flexible spending account, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays per year, and a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with an annual employer contribution.
We offer a generous benefits package including employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, monthly wellness benefit, flexible spending account, paid vacation, 10 paid…
Please email a resume and cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com.
Please put Finance and Administration Director in the subject line of the email and address the cover letter to Marlyn Twitchell, Deputy Director.
Please email a resume and cover letter in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put Finance and Administration Director in the subject line of the email and address the…