105 North Main Street
The overall responsibility of Home Share Now’s Executive Director is to provide the vision, leadership, fiscal oversight, and operational management to realize the organization’s mission, accomplish its goals, and evolve its vision.
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual and long-range objectives.
- Ensure high standards of service and protect against programmatic liability.
- Create an annual fundraising plan and track gifts using Bloomerang.
- Draft annual budget and cash flow documents.
- Use QuickBooks to manage financial data, accounts receivable, and accounts payable, and to run payroll; report to the Board of Directors and funders. Work with the Treasurer and auditor to complete the annual audit and 990 filing.
- Raise funds needed for organizational sustainability through a diversified approach to include private and state grants, events, VtSHARES, municipal appropriations, an annual giving campaign, giving days, and planned giving.
- Develop and implement messaging for various marketing channels such as print media, social networking, Front Porch Forum, eNewsletter, and other marketing opportunities as they arise.
- Develop and work with the Board of Directors, make board management and coordination recommendations, establish and recommend the dissolution of board committees and/or board project teams to most effectively supports HSN’s mission, goals, and strategies.
- Lead the HSN staff of 3.5 FTEs including the Program Manager, Mediator, Program Support Provider, and an AmeriCorps member.
- Recruit, hire, and orient new staff. Serve as the primary internal and external Human Resources contact. Coordinate benefits, address employee relations and performance concerns, and manage an annual review of the organization’s Personnel Policies.
- Set the tone and ensure and maintain a positive workplace that values each employee’s contributions, embraces a learning environment, and encourages growth.
- Work with each staff person to draft an annual development plan to include both traditional and creative/alternative ways of obtaining professional development opportunities for all employees.
- Prepare reports to funders and the State of Vermont.
- Manage a customized database, oversee data collection, and pull data monthly or as needed. Direct program evaluation, including statistical analysis. Conduct Legislative advocacy in partnership with HomeShare Vermont and the State of Vermont’s Department of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living.
- Oversee general office operations and maintenance, serve as the contact person for IT questions and issues.
- Stay aware of leading trends and news that affect Home Share Now making recommendations for program changes to the Board of Directors.
- Serve on the Board of the National Shared Housing Resource Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and respectful verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak in public before wide variety of audiences.
- Computer savvy with ability to resolve basic IT issues and train staff.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Planning skills and ability to develop short and long-range plans.
- Management and supervisory experience of paid and volunteer staff.
- Marketing, fundraising, and financial oversight skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of management experience or equivalent with increasingly responsible roles in team leadership and/or management experience.
- Ability to see day-to-day needs as well as the big picture.
- Ability to regularly juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate vision and inspire staff, volunteers, the Board of Directors, stakeholders, and constituents.
- Ability to maintain accountability and appropriately delegate responsibility.
- In-state travel required and primarily in Washington, Lamoille, and Orange Counties; infrequent national travel.
- Independent/solitary work as well as work within an office.
- Ability to travel within 3 county areas and beyond.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use telephone for long periods of time.
Comprehensive benefits plan plus flexible time off (CTO).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Job Open Until Filled. Interviews to start immediately.
Applications are being taking by email and to be considered must include:
- cover letter clearly stating interest in the position
- current resume
- 3 professional references (will not be contacted without advance notice to the candidate).