Details: Competitive salary
The Lincoln Institute of Land Policy seeks a well-organized and detail-oriented person to fill the position of Office Support Administrative Assistant. This person will be supervised by the Vice President of Administration and Human Resources. The primary duties and activities for this position are to supervise and perform Institute-wide office support functions and perform tasks dealing with sensitive, confidential, and accounting matters. This full-time position is based at the Institute’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
I. Supervise Institute-wide office support functions
- Assume full responsibility for ensuring high quality, timely completions of office support tasks to support Institute programs, program area directors, operations, and management.
- Work with program directors to assist in the delivery of support services to the program areas.
- Develop, communicate, and operationalize office support procedures.
- Supervise Cristo Rey work students, and occasional temporary staff. This includes, prioritizing assignments, coaching, and evaluating performance.
- Proactively troubleshoot and solve problems within the office support functions.
- Provide input into the budgeting process for office support resources.
- Oversee all office support for Ingram House and 7 Phillips Place.
- Maintain all curriculum files.
- Assist the department assistant of publications and public affairs in preparing and shipping of exhibit materials for courses and conferences.
- Coordinate with the publications department on all publication inventories and mailings of complimentary and review copies of new publications.
II. Perform Institute-wide office support functions
- Perform such tasks as drafting, typing, faxing, copying, mailing, filing, and other miscellaneous support as needed. Develop spreadsheets, word processing, and/or PowerPoint presentation projects as requested.
- Maintain all printers and manage cartridge inventory.
- Cover reception desk during breaks.
- Order office supplies and maintain copy room.
III. Perform such tasks dealing with sensitive, confidential, and accounting matters
- Maintain personnel, vacation and sick leave balances, timesheets, and other administrative services files.
- Maintain accounts payable and contract files and mailing contracts.
- Assist Accountant in preparation and follow-up for the annual audit.
- Assist in year-end rotation of all vendor files at end of fiscal year; store/archive previous FY files, make arrangements for shredding of 7+ year old files.
Knowledge, Skills, Traits and Behaviors:
- Self-starter with strong written/verbal communications skills.
- Advanced computer skills in M.S. Word and Excel. Ability to troubleshoot problems and coach office assistants in their use of these computer programs. Understanding of and experience in PowerPoint or other presentation software, and knowledge of Access or other database programs.
- Ability to train, supervise, and coach office assistants and temporary personnel.
- Able to discuss new insights to improve quality of output and services.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, and to meet deadlines.
- Independent worker, able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and quality work
- “Can do” attitude and team spirit
- Creative and flexible
- College degree preferred or high school graduate or 2-year secretarial program
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of senior office support experience
- One or more years of supervisory experience
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish and Portuguese helpful
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and three references as one PDF to email@example.com. The PDF file should be named as follows: LastName_FirstName_Admin_Assistant.pdf. Please ensure that the subject line of your email includes the text "Office Support Administrative Assistant." The position is open until filled. The Lincoln Institute will begin reviewing resumes and requesting interviews immediately.