1514 P St NW
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide direct support to the Executive Director and administrative duties for the office. Responsibilities may include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting, and event arrangements; and data entry. This position is grant funded and dependent on grant funding.
The essential functions of this position, include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain Executive Director schedule, including travel arrangements, reporting expenses, making appointments, etc.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Assist Board of Directors including communications, meeting planning, and travel logistics.
- Provide general organizational support to the NIEA team including coordinating conference calls and webinars, answering and managing incoming calls, drafting correspondence, and print media.
- Maintain inventory and office supplies, ensure operation of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary.
- Enter, update, and verify membership records in management data system.
- Assists with events by managing event registration activities and coordinating with other team members to provide support as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing invoices for proper coding, preparing deposits, and developing and maintaining files.
- Demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, initiative, and independence in supporting NIEA staff on a wide variety of complex tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- College degree in Management or related field.
- 3 or more years in administrative support or executive assistance.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong computer/technical knowledge.
- Experience working with tribal communities preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, contact NIEA at 202.544.7290.