Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Assistant supports the American University of Armenia’s Development Department in expanding its fundraising program through accurate database management, reporting, effective communications, administrative support, and scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage gift and data entry,acknowledgment, record keeping and reconciliation
- Manage AUAC’s CRM database system and ensure data hygiene and integrity
- Track and maintain pledges and coordinate key donor contact reminders
- Provide various reports, both routine and specialized, to support the Development and Finance teams, including analytical reports and donor lists
- Carry out day-to-day administrative tasks for the Development and the Accounting offices (i.e., routing mail, filing, faxing, scanning and/or copying, going to the bank and neighboring buildings as needed)
- Respond to all general phone calls; distribute incoming mail; manage calendars of events, and travel arrangements
- Assist the Accounting office during the annual audit phase (on needed basis).
- Provide support to Secretary of the Board in administrative preparations of the board meetings, including reservations of air tickets, hotel and meeting rooms, and making catering arrangements.
- Order supplies and maintains organization of communal areas
- Support the Development Team with other job-related duties as assigned
Full-time, 40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent planning skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Google suite
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- 2 years in a professional office setting
- Experience working with donor databases
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Occasionally required to walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb stairs.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
This position is based out of AUAC’s office in Oakland, California. Position will remain open until filled.
AUAC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Retirement with employer matching
- Generous vacation and sick time
- Employer sponsored commuter benefits
- Health insurance reimbursement
Level of Language Proficiency
- Familiarity with Armenian a plus, but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration as a candidate for the position of Development Assistant, please send a cover letter and resume/cv to email@example.com.