Associate Program Director (Staten Island YMCA - Counseling Service)
- Job posted by YMCA of Greater New York
3911 Richmond Avenue
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Services is seeking an Associate Program Director who, under supervision of the Senior Program Director, will ensure that all necessary day to day operations are being fully executed by the clinical, volunteer and support staff. Responsibilities include provision of direct administrative and clinical supervision program staff and services in conjunction with the Program Director. The incumbent will also assist the Program Director in ensuring that operations of such programming are in contract and quality compliance with all regulatory and contract obligations.
- Recruit, train, retain and supervise volunteers, interns and clinical staff.
- Deliver direct services and maintain caseload including intake assessments as well as individual, crisis intervention, group, family and family support sessions.
- Responsible for the day to day clinical, programmatic, and administrative operations of the Youth and Teen Program in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Maintain and oversee comprehensive and appropriate documentation for each client file in the Youth and Teen Programs.
- Develop and enhance program census through outreach, agency coordination, coalition participation, and creation/maintenance of strategic partnerships while ensuring that programs are utilizing best practices.
- Perform outreach presentations, attend networking meetings and participate in coalitions representing the agency.
- Research new funding opportunities and develop/implement new program initiatives and program curriculum in coordination with Program Director.
- Responsible for the implementation of program services as outlined in our funding/regulatory contracts.
- Supply funding, mandating and referring sources with timely and accurate required final reports and documentation.
- Assist in the development of special events in addition to supporting annual fundraising and special events.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or a related field, or a CASAC.
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in the program development and social service chemical dependence field.
- Minimum three year of clinical experience.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency treatment and prevention counseling.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Associate Program Director” to email@example.com or to:
Staten Island YMCA – Counseling Service
Attn.: Angela Russo
3911 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10312
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.