17 Battery Place
Community Access, Inc. (CA), founded in 1974, is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination through affordable housing, training, advocacy and healing-focused services. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1000 units of supportive housing in three boroughs
Salary : Annualized salary is high 40s to low 50s.
Location : Bronx
The IMT Behavioral Health Specialist is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team of mental health clinicians. The Specialist is a team member responsible for engaging participants through harm reduction strategies including motivational interviewing and stage-wise interventions that target an individual’s readiness for change. The Behavioral Health Specialist is a resource to other team members in issues related to mental health and co-occurring substance use.
- Commitment to person-centered treatment strategies, upholding participants’ rights, and self-determination in service provision.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling, Criminal Justice or other Health and Human Services related field; LMSW preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with a mental health condition with co-occurring substance use disorder.
· Available to work a flexible schedule, mornings, evenings and weekends in response to participant needs.
· Computer proficiency in Windows operating systems and programs, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as comfort with learning new electronic systems.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the New York State Justice Center.
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.
CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management.
Minimum Education Required