Details: hourly wage $15.00 40 hours per week
501 South Bixel Street
Central City Neighborhood Partners (CCNP) was established in 1994 and incorporated as a formal non-profit collaborative in 2000 to address the socio-economic conditions impacting low-income families living in the Central City, Westlake and Pico-Union communities. With the mission of catalyzing partnerships to systemically address the multiple challenges facing low-income families, CCNP works with its partners to help families create pathways to financial security and economic opportunity through our FamilySource Center (FSC) program. The FSC program is funded by the City of Los Angeles as part of their signature anti-poverty efforts. The FSCs are one-stop centers that provide a continuum of services designed to assist low-income families increase their income and academic achievement as a pathway out of poverty.
The facilities coordinator is responsible for controlling the total maintenance of the facility, including setting up and tearing down for events as needed.
Summary of Duties:
- Maintains the plans for fire evacuation and disaster response. Serves as the facility emergency response coordinator.
- Coordinates the environmental health and safety program.
- Manages the paper recycling program.
- Assist with the maintenance and up-to-date records for all state, federal and insurance semiannual and annual inspections
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created. (as needed)
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Drive personal vehicle required to perform or travel to pick donations from several providers
Repairs and Maintenance
- Make minor repairs to the building in general (plumbing, painting, gardening…etc)
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Assist in maintaining and appearance of the agency outside and inside
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Supervise Court Referred Volunteers
- Other duties as requested by management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items over 50 pounds.
Must have the following skills:
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Time Management
1. Possession of high school diploma or GED,
2. Ability to speak, read and write in English (Preferred)
3. Must have a Valid CA Driver’s License
4. Must have a working vehicle and liability insurance
5. Must be willing to be fingerprinted and take a drug test
CCNP is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and maintains a smoke and drug free work environment
CCNP reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises
CCNP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin.
After 90 days of continuous employment
earn vacation hours
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required