140 Clarendon Street
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We work across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations in all sectors to educate people about disparities and provide them with tools to dismantle them. YW Boston’s racial justice programming includes workshops and dialogue series held in neighborhoods, schools, community organizations and corporations.
The Racial Justice Program Manager is a unique opportunity for a skilled facilitator to move the needle on equity within a wide array of institutions and populations.
General Statement of Duties
The Program Manager will guide the implementation of high quality and responsive curricula with partner organizations and a cadre of trained facilitators. This includes coaching and engaging facilitators, evaluating partner needs and adjusting curricula accordingly, and managing delivery of services.
The Program Manager will report to the AVP of Civic Engagement.
The successful Program Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
· Use outcomes, partner feedback, and latest best practices to guide curricula
· Act as a master facilitator within the office, collaborating with other staff to offer workshops on a variety of diversity, inclusion, and equity topics
· Build the size, capacity, and talent of the facilitator pool to ensure organization can meet demand for services
· Track program outcomes to measure impact and implement data integrity strategies
· Through stakeholder engagement and business development strategies, build successful and lasting relationships with partner organizations
Facilitation & Curriculum Development
· Lead dialogue series and workshops in a variety of settings such as non-profits, schools, and corporations
· Partner with colleagues to develop workshops based on partner organization needs and requests
· Stay informed on best practices regarding facilitation and conversations about race
· Edit existing curricula and develop new models based on research findings and evaluation data
Facilitator Training & Development
· Maintain database of available facilitators
· Provide hands-on coaching to facilitators and development opportunities
· Develop and implement strategies to engage and retain facilitators
· Work collaboratively with Partnerships Manager, and other staff to develop partnerships and deliver dialogue series and workshops
· Provide excellent customer service to partner organizations and individual participants
· Participate in long-term strategic planning to grow and develop our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programming
· Track attendance and participant evaluations via program database
· Some travel is required, primarily local travel in and around Boston.
The Racial Justice Program Manager must have excellent facilitation skills and an ability to coach others. Successful candidates will have content knowledge of diversity, inclusion, and equity with a focus on racial justice and intersectionality. They will exhibit a drive to reach goals and resiliency when setbacks occur. Successful candidates will be intellectually curious, effective communicators, and strong relationship builders.
Specific qualifications include:
· 5 or more years of facilitation experience, with an expertise in diversity, equity & inclusion training
· Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, sociology, human resources, or related field
· Knowledge of and experience with the following required:
o Racial & Gender Equity
o Facilitating conversations on race with diverse stakeholders
o Curriculum and/or workshop development
o Coaching and/or training facilitators
o Managing relationships with external partners
o Fluency working within different organizational cultures and structures (e.g., corporate, higher-education, government, and school settings)
o Managing multiple priorities and communicating progress to stakeholders
o Program evaluation – experience observing, gathering, and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data
· Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including C-suite executives
· Style that is organized, innovative and results oriented
· Familiarity with Social Solutions Efforts to Outcomes and/or Salesforce database preferred
· Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
· Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor and can-do attitude essential
· Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
Additional Organization Responsibilities
· Adhere to agency policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Chief Program Officer, Team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
· Positively represent the Agency in all interactions with the public.
· Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
· Participate in Agency events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Director of Civic Engagement, Chief Program Officer and/or President & CEO
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefit package, including:
- Medical insurance, company wellness program, flexible spending account for health expenses, and dependent care accounts
- Holidays (13/year), vacation days (15-20/year), sick days (12/year), personal day (1/year), and emergency days (3/year)
- Flexible schedule option and flex time
- Life insurance, long-term disability insurance, accidental death and disability insurance, and short-term disability insurance
- A 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Employer contribution to the YWCA retirement fund
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Zipcar account
- Lyft account
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
YWCA Boston is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com Please place the subject title "Racial Justice Program Manager" in the headline of your email. Principals only. No phone calls, please.