2 Kingsland Avenue
St. Nicks Alliance, a North Brooklyn community based organization, seeks an enthusiastic collaborator who dutifully meets deadlines and has a variety of creative skills suited to the role of Communications Associate.
Specific duties include:
- Creating and managing content for organization’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Developing and growing social media followers and subscribers to our newsletters/publications
- Managing our Networkforgood donor management platform
- Assisting with marketing the North Brooklyn Community News/Greenline by courting internal and external advertising and locating new distribution sites
- Collaborating with division managers to facilitate promotion of their work, impact, and services via marketing materials that follow our branding and style book
- Utilizing CRM to grow and manage our list of contacts and stay engaged with supporters
- Managing the distribution of our digital newsletters using Constant Contact or CRM
- Understanding analytics to identify trends, findings, and provide recommendations on new strategies and approaches
- Updating web content to keep current in consultation with senior managers
- Assisting with targeting campaigns to existing and potential supporters
- Photographing events and activities as needed
- Representing and participating at key events
The Communications Associate reports directly to the Communications Manager.
- BA in Communications, English, or related area
- Superior writing skills
- 2-3 years or more of job related experience in creating and managing copy, content, and messaging
- A basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, at least
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send a cover letter indicating position desired, resume, and a short writing sample from social media (with link), or messaging related work (with links if applicable), or 150 words on a hidden treasure in North Brooklyn to firstname.lastname@example.org. No attachments to emails will be opened. All content is to be placed in body of email.
Visit https://www.stnicksalliance.org/ to learn more about St. Nicks Alliance. St Nicks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.