135 Main Street, Suite 1700
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 209 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 88,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve.
· Support KIPP leaders, teachers, and staff on the Network Leadership Development, KIPP School Leadership Programs, Teaching and Learning Labs, KIPP Through College, or Knowledge Sharing teams
- Ensure smart growth and great results on the Network Growth and Sustainability, Strategy, Research & Evaluation, or Insights and Analytics teams
- Broaden our impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams
- Keep us connected and operational on our IT or Finance team
If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us!
The KIPP Foundation’s Design Lab partners with KIPP Foundation teams to research, test, and spread new ideas and innovations. Leveraging design thinking and product design, they help teams answer:
- What’s the right problem to solve right now?
- What do users need to solve it?
- How do we spread those best practices we believe in most?
As part of that effort, the Design Lab maintains and drives engagement with “KIPP Share,” a virtual knowledge sharing site where Foundation teams and the network share and download key resources and tools aligned to KIPP’s emerging national point of view. KIPP Share is one part content management system (giving KIPP schools access to high-quality resources) and one part social collaboration platform, providing a way for KIPP staff to connect with and learn from their peers.
The Design Lab’s Knowledge Sharing Innovation Manager owns the overall product vision for KIPP Share and works closely with KIPP Foundation colleagues and the KIPP Network to ensure leaders and teachers have the tools, advice and support they need to learn and apply best practices for student success.
The Knowledge Sharing Innovation Manager reports to the Design & Innovation Director and manages the KIPP Share platform. He/she is a member of the Design Lab team, works collaboratively with teams across KIPP, including Teaching & Learning, KIPP Through College, and Network Leadership Development.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Product Development: Ensuring KIPP Share is usable, intuitive and meeting user needs.
Continuously seek user feedback to understand evolving needs and prioritize user requirements and platform improvements.
Collaborate with the KIPP Foundation’s internal IT team and external vendors to organize and lead ongoing development sprints and design efforts to improve functionality and usability.
Ensure users can find help navigating and exploring the site. (ie. Creating resources and strategies to introduce new users to the site; maintaining a robust “Help Center” of “How To” documents and videos; conducting user trainings at face-to-face events.)
Iterate on and track key usage metrics monthly to ensure consistent and increasing user engagement.
· Content Management: Ensure KIPP teachers, leaders and staff have seamless access to the resources that matter most.
Own the design of key landing pages on KIPP Share to ensure key content is findable, accessible and reflective of best practices in user interface design.
Make updates, as needed, to landing pages to reflect content updates and priorities.
Ensure the KIPP Share homepage regularly spotlights timely, targeted content aligned to time of year, emerging hot topics or Foundation priorities.
· Marketing and user engagement: Actively promoting and investing KIPP leaders and teachers in using KIPP Share as a place to find resources to improve their practice and to solicit advice from their teammates.
Serve as the Foundation’s champion for KIPP Share, both internally and with the network, seeking and designing opportunities to promote KIPP Share to key stakeholders like regional staff and teachers.
Design and lead the execution of an annual summer onboarding campaign to ensure new users know what KIPP Share is and how to leverage it for their role.
Design and execute annual sharing campaigns designed to promote engagement on KIPP Share and with key resources.
Manage a team of KIPP Foundation moderators and KIPP network community leaders selected to foster ongoing conversations and engagement.
· Support the Design Lab’s efforts to help KIPP Foundation teams tackle complex, messy problems through user-centered design.
Leverage best practices in user-centered design to support KIPP Foundation teams with ongoing efforts to solicit, synthesize and act on user feedback. (ie. Designing templates and tools, giving feedback on user feedback plans, leading projects to solicit and synthesize user feedback.)
Partner with KIPP Foundation teams to help design user-centered products aligned to KIPP’s national priorities. (Products might include implementation toolkits on KIPP Share, data-tracking systems or professional development opportunities.)
Support the Design Lab’s ongoing efforts to build design muscle across the organization, helping lead or participate in professional development and maintaining a virtual resource sharing hub.
- Exceptional strategic-thinking, creativity and problem-solving ability in the face of ambiguity
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to motivate, inspire and educate both internal and external resources
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work
Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 3-5 years of experience working in online communities, developing and delivering digital content, and/or designing digital campaigns
· Experience managing products and/or platforms, including setting and tracking usage goals, designing user support and training and managing product roadmaps
- Passion for user-centered design, with experience translating user needs into requirements and/or products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Robust project management skills
· A deep belief in every child’s ability to learn and succeed in college and in life
· Comfort and experience with the following tools is preferred, but not required: Jive, Google Analytics, Jira, SmartSheet, Photoshop
· Basic HTML editing skills
· Ability to exemplify KIPP’s values: sense of purpose, results, respect, constant learning & humility, and diversity and inclusivity
· Flexible - Preferred Locations: San Francisco, Chicago, New York or Washington, DC
· A willingness and ability to travel (~20%)
· This is a full-time, exempt role.
Compensation and Benefits
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Minimum Education Required