Recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places To Work, Bay Cove Human Services is a private, not-for-profit corporation that provides a wide variety of services to individuals and their families who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness and drug and alcohol addiction. We have a wide variety of programs available to our clients including residential services, employment support, and day habilitation programs. Bay Cove's 2,000 highly trained employees serve more than 20,000 individuals and their families each year at more than 160 different program sites throughout Greater Boston and southeastern Massachusetts.
Clinical Manager (Andrew House Stoughton, Stoughton) Schedule: TBD Salary: TBD
- Working under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Clinical Manager works within a multidisciplinary team, and is responsible for supporting the Clinical Director in the delivery of clinical services (including assessment, individual and group therapy) and case management for patients. The Clinical Manager also works to ensure that patients are seamlessly transitioned to the next level of care. The Clinical Manager supports the Bay Cove mission through their leadership and commitment to delivering quality care to patients. This is an exempt position. Supervisory Responsibilities Supports the Clinical Director in providing orientation, training and supervision for Case Managers / Counselors and Student Interns.
- Plans, organizes and carry out general clinical management duties on the unit staff and supports the Clinical Director in providing ongoing guidance to the counseling staff
- Orients, instructs and supervises clinical staff
- Provides individual and group counseling/therapy that promotes a stable clinical and psychological condition for patients
- Completes comprehensive assessments of patients’ health, psychological, social, and cognitive ability
- Develops or participates in the development of the patients’ treatment and after care plans and documents interventions provided
- Works closely with the Clinical Director to review patient records and ensure appropriate documentation of services provided in accordance with program policies/procedures
- Acts as a liaison between patients and other service providers to link patients to services
- Responsible for ongoing tracking and reporting on patient transitions post-service delivery
- Assists in multidisciplinary team efforts in managing emergencies situations
- Available for on-call rotations, weekend and holiday coverage as needed
- Attends staff meetings, supervision, periodic reviews, and other related meetings
- Master's degree in human services field
- Licensure (LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, LADC) in substance use treatment or mental health required
- Minimum two years’ experience in substance use or mental health treatment
- Strong knowledge of the substance continuum and services and related community resources
- Demonstrated documentation and communication skills
- Driving License Required? No
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Apply online by going to https://www.baycove/org/apply/index.cfm?pid=10422.
Bay Cove Human Services, 66 Canal Street, Boston, MA 02114
Bay Cove is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer