ABOUT THE POSITION: The job of a Relief Staff is to fill in for regularly scheduled employees who are sick or on vacation leave. Responsible for providing direct services and engagement to homeless individuals in relationship-based programs (day programs, overnight shelters, transitional and permanent affordable housing). There are 4 different types of relief positions: Shelter Counselor, Hygiene Specialist, Bank Teller, and Front Desk Building Specialist.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Various programs through the Puget Sound. May work at multiple programs.
- Shelter Counselor – Several locations throughout Seattle
- Hygiene Specialist – Hygiene Center in downtown Seattle
- Bank Teller – Client Services Office in downtown Seattle
- Front Desk Building Specialist – Several locations throughout King County
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator/Manager and/or Property Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
HOURS: Less than 29 hours per week on average
SCHEDULE: No regular or guaranteed work schedule
SHIFT: May work day, evening, weekend, and graveyard shifts
SALARY RANGE: $14.28 or $15.76 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The employee in this position must be able to read, write, and understand English.
COUNSELOR – Direct Social Services
- Engage clients to assess needs providing immediate and appropriate information and referral.
- Provide meal, laundry, cleaning services in accordance with schedule and assignments.
- Mediate conflicts and provide de-escalation and crisis intervention; mediate conflicts and model appropriate problem solving and refer to appropriate clinical services as needed.
HYGIENE SPECIALIST – Direct Social Services
- Greet clients in a kind and respectful manner when they arrive to use the bathroom/shower and laundry facilities.
- Distribute supplies (towels, shampoo, soap, etc.) and monitor clients to ensure they have the supplies needed for personal hygiene.
- Ensure the Hygiene Center is clean and sanitized, exceeding Health Department standards always.
- Provide de-escalation and conflict management, crisis intervention to clients of all programs in common areas.
TELLER – Client & Banking Services
- Provide accurate and efficient as well as friendly cash teller services in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Provide information and referrals to appropriate services based on client needs.
- Assist with mail sorting and distribution to those using Compass as their mailing address.
- Receive guests and give information about various Compass services.
BUILDING SPECIALIST – Building Security & Resident Support
- Provide trauma-informed monitoring of building to ensure safety, security and emergency protocol, comfort of residents and staff.
- Contact appropriate staff for assistance as needed and 911, police, fire department, and other service agencies when appropriate.
- Maintain building logs and records.
- Perform light janitorial and/or maintenance duties as appropriate.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Project a favorable image of the organization to promote its aims and objectives, and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas of endeavor.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow the link provided and complete an online application