Details: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Business Center for New Americans (BCNA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that creates a pathway to self-sufficiency for immigrant and refugee entrepreneurs in New York City by providing access to affordable credit, empowering them with financial education, and offering training in best business practices and technology. BCNA is a Small Business Administration (SBA) Approved Microloan Intermediary Lender and certified as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) by the CDFI Fund at the US Department of Treasury. As of December 31, 2017, we have made over $19 million in microloans, which range from $500 to $50,000. We also have an Individual Development Account (IDA) Program and a First Home Program. More information is available at www.nybcna.org.
BCNA is currently seeking a full time Manager of Development and Communications with a commitment to and enthusiasm for BCNA’s mission. A major focus for this position is to increase fund raising at the local level from government, foundation and corporate sources.
Reporting to the Executive Director:
- In conjunction with the Executive Director assists in creating the annual Development and Communications Plans and is responsible for implementation.
- Identifies prospective funders and submits grant proposals and other information for new and continuation grants.
- Maintains grant calendar and submits timely grant proposals and reports.
- Develops and finalizes budgets for various grants and works to ensure that levels and sources are consistent with BCNa's strategic goals, working in conjunction with the Executive Director and the Manager of Finance and Administration.
- Ensures good organizational relationships with all funders.
- Oversees and prepares for fundraising events as necessary, including annual Immigrant Heritage Week Awards.
- Prepares/updates information and content as needed for the implementation of BCNA's Communications Plan including collateral materials, presentations, website, and social media.
- Prepares for Board meetings, take minutes, and maintains governance documents.
- Interacts with Board of Directors, committees, consultants and BCNA staff.
- ·Supervises Development Associate in coordination with the Portfolio Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in a related field a plus.
- A minimum of two years experience as a development professional in a nonprofit organization, with an emphasis on grants management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to adapt style to write for grants as well as to work with lending staff to construct success stories of immigrant entrepreneurs.
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and database management .Experience with marketing software, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Ability to set and meet goals, prioritize, plan and manage work independently as well as to work as a team member in a multicultural environment.
- Strategic thinking skills, with an enthusiasm for building new development capacity and programs.
- Able to work normal office hours of 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m. and be available evenings if needed for events; overnight U.S. travel 2-3 times per year for trade/professional conferences.
Competitive benefits package including three weeks vacation, increasing to four weeks after one year, twelve paid holidays, eight sick days, two personal days, medical and dental insurance and 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail resume and cover letter with the subject line: Development and Communications/Idealist