830 5th Avenue
The Institutional Giving Associate will be part of an eight-person fundraising team, raising over $7 million annually from corporate, foundation, government, and individual sources to support free programs in New York City parks. Reporting to the Associate Director of Institutional Giving, the Institutional Giving Associate will help maintain a portfolio of approximately $3 million including private foundations, corporate foundations, and government agencies.
● Working closely with program and budget staff, write and submit proposals, reports, and letters of inquiry to private foundations, corporate foundations and philanthropic programs, and government agencies. Prepare grant budgets as appropriate and draft gift acknowledgements and other correspondence.
● Research and prepare briefings on institutional prospects, including foundations, corporations, and government agencies, identifying opportunities that are aligned with City Parks Foundation’s work.
● Maintain donor and prospect information and proposal and reporting deadlines in Salesforce CRM system.
● Draft applications and support the contracting process for funds from governmental entities.
● Complete other writing assignments and administrative support as requested.
● Participate as needed in fundraising events throughout the course of the year
● Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 1-2 years of experience fundraising from institutions at a nonprofit is required. A background in the arts, education, the environment and/or community development is a plus.
● Excellent writing, research, and communications skills.
● Experience with government contracts is a plus.
● Proven ability to prioritize and work effectively under deadlines, with high attention to detail.
● Ability to understand complex institutional and program budgets.
● Ability to work collegially across departments and across the organization.
● Familiarity with Google applications and Salesforce or other CRM systems, as well as online research tools, is a plus.
Benefits include excellent healthcare and dental package, vacation, paid holidays, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Transit Check program, life insurance, and flexible spending plan. City Parks Foundation is a collegial, mission-focused organization that values its employees and encourages professional growth and advancement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and at least two writing samples to: DevoJobs@CityParksFoundation.org. Put “Institutional Giving Associate” in subject header. Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer. Only potential candidates will be contacted. No calls, please