Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Title: Research Fellow
Status: Flexible: no less than 50%, up to full-time
Who We Are
Student Achievement Partners is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving K-12 student achievement through evidence-based action. We believe that challenging academic standards are the foundation for improved outcomes for all students. Our work has a particular focus on ensuring that high-quality, standards-aligned instruction and resources address the barriers created by racism or poverty and reach students on whose behalf we have the most work to do. Our work is grounded in research and evidence, and we are committed to sharing standards-aligned tools and practices freely with educators across the country through our website www.achievethecore.org.
SAP is an equal opportunity employer, committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds.
About the Position
The Research Fellow will be an integral member of the Student Achievement Partners team, primarily responsible for creating the conditions for our team to ground our work in evidence and research. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Research Fellow will be responsible for driving SAP’s research agenda and related projects, evaluating and reporting on the efficacy and impact of SAP’s work, and keeping the SAP team current on critical research findings and implications for the work.
We welcome candidates who are passionate about using high-quality research to inform education policy and programmatic decision-making at all levels of the educational system. Candidates should thrive in a collaborative environment that emphasizes quality, analytical rigor, and critical thinking. This role is ideal for individuals with strong research and communication skills, a passion for K-12 public education, and an interest in using data and evidence to drive change.
- Support SAP team to ground projects in research and evidence. Responsible for remaining current on key studies and reports related to K-12 instructional materials, assessment, teacher practice and professional learning; synthesize key findings and implications for a variety of stakeholders including internal and external audiences via both written and verbal communications.
- Define and execute against SAP’s research agenda, working closely with the senior team and across the organization to identify, prioritize, and gather information to meet critical research needs.
- Lead research projects and support partner organizations engaged in research studies, as necessary.
- Lead efforts to evaluate SAP’s impact through direct, internal (e.g., project-focused) and indirect, external (e.g., partner district student learning growth) measures. Support development of materials used to report on SAP’s impact for both internal and external audiences. This may include:
o Leading focused efforts to evaluate project efficacy vis a vis intended goals with a focus on supporting students who are most at risk (e.g., facing barriers such as poverty, racism). For example, designing and implementing evaluations using a mix of quantitative and qualitative methods, developing survey instruments, focus group discussion guides, and in-depth interview guides, conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
o Communicating results to a range of internal and external audiences (e.g., written reports, policy briefs, meetings and presentations).
- Bachelor’s degree in measurement, evaluation or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years or more research experience; K-12 education experience preferred
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to convey complex research results clearly to multiple different audiences
- Excellent qualitative and/or quantitative analytical skills and a strong understanding of high-quality research methods
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including an ability to collaborate in a poised and professional manner with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven organizational skills and history of managing deadlines, expectations and competing priorities
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and the equity focus of SAP’s work
- Effective working remotely, autonomously and collaboratively
- Solutions focused, committed to excellence, diligent and detail-oriented
- High energy, flexible, resilient and able to maintain a sense of humor
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Student Achievement Partners offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and one-page letter of interest to Jessica Eadie. Please also include an example of your written work—an article, report, op-ed, or other material.
Please include where you found the job posting, the position for which you are applying, and your name.
This is a part-time up to full-time Remote Position.