Manager, Marketing & Communications (Field, Allies & Professionals)
- Job posted by NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
3803 N. Fairfax Dr.
What started as a small group of families gathered around a kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation’s leading voice on mental health. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Today, we are an alliance of more than 800 local affiliates, state organizations and a national office who work in communities across the United States to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need. NAMI advocates for all who are affected by mental illness, both the individuals and the people in their lives. In particular, we do not rest until we remedy injustices and intervene early to prevent needless loss of quality of life. In addition to being advocates, we educate, we listen, and we lead as evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of numerous programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
We currently have an opening for a Manager, Marketing & Communications (Field, Allies & Professionals). The Manager leads the development of marketing and communications strategies and tactics in support of NAMI state and affiliate offices, organizational partners, and targeted professional groups including health care providers and systems. The role supports the growth and scaling of NAMI programs, products and services in order to open new channels of revenue/fundraising for the Alliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consults with the Field Advancement team to develop a comprehensive communications strategy to educate, engage and activate state and affiliate organizations to achieve Alliance goals and objectives.
- Strategically leads the development of annual marketing communications plans, with measurable and achievable outcomes.
- Develops strategy and executes plans to reach and engage allied organizations and mental health and other health care providers/systems to partner with NAMI in the dissemination/distribution of NAMI programs and services.
- Oversees and/or leads the development of all marcom deliverables and collateral materials for the assigned division. Reviews and approves all communications targeted to field leaders and other field stakeholders.
- Responsible for marketing and communications training of field staff and volunteers as needed.
- Manages all marketing and promotional activities related to the NAMI Annual Convention; works with Convention staff on the development of convention theme, advertising and collateral materials.
- Manages all NAMI Walks national marketing and communications needs, including the creation of collateral materials, signage, social media strategy, development of PSAs and promotional items.
- Ensures collateral and training materials are delivered and published to Extranet in a timely manner.
- Manages and responds to field inquires related to branding guidelines, logo usage, and other communications needs.
- Creates quarterly reports and presentations as needed
- Manages expenses and budget related to their assigned projects and deliverables
- Collaborates with marcom team on creation of content across NAMI communications channels
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 5-8 years experience in Business-to-Business marketing and communications in a non-profit or mission driven organization. Experience with mental health or other disability groups highly desirable.
- Experience creating strategic marketing and communications plan, and managing the tactical implementation of those plans
- Experience in working with and supporting large, federated network of satellite offices/affiliates
- Strong writing, editing, communications and presentation skills.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work across a matrixed organization
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
This position is based in Arlington, VA.
Must pass background check.
Minimum Education Required