44 Canal Center Plaza
This a critical time for policing and the International Association of Chiefs of Police is at the forefront, working to engage communities and promote best practices. The world is in a period of change and IACP is responding with a myriad of new initiatives and member services that bring together innovation, research, and dedication to the field. The association is looking for people with the passion, energy, and commitment to help us move the field of criminal justice forward. The Project Coordinator will support the OVW Enhancing Rural Law Enforcement Response to Violence Against Women Crimes, working as part of a team.
Working with IACP staff, project partners, and stakeholders, the Project Coordinator will
- Assess, evaluate, and enhance existing training and resources.
- Develop comprehensive resources to meet needs of rural law enforcement, to include experiential training curricula and activities/worksheets, and other materials as identified.
- Provide on-site assistance at events with oversight of meeting/event materials, contracts, logistics, budget tracking and collaboration on subject matter content.
· Provide outreach to law enforcement, community-based organizations, national associations, and criminal justice agencies in rural jurisdictions.
- Develop and disseminate tools and resources for use in the field to include brochures, pocket guides, and educational materials for the field.
- Aid in the organization of planning meetings consisting of staff, consultants, and law enforcement, and community partners.
- Assist in the development of and provide support for various violence against women training and event materials.
- Assist with identification and development of grant solicitations/proposals.
- Maintain various event and participant databases.
- Collect and analyze data for progress reports.
· Monitor grant expenditures and maintain mandatory grant reporting status.
· Collaborate and maintain relationships with Advisory Board and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in subject-relevant field or combination of education and experience in subject-relevant field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of training support or event coordination experience preferably in a non-profit organization, association, or criminal justice environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Required Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills to include ability to troubleshoot problems from multiple perspectives
- Effective task prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective collaboration and team work with diverse colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
- Experience with and ability to plan events and make logistical arrangements for individuals and groups
- Ability to process invoices and other financial requests
- Capacity to track data and create associated reports
- Basic understanding of relevant project subject matter
- Capacity to work collaboratively and productively with the project team, law enforcement professionals and funding agencies under deadlines
- Presentation/facilitation skills, especially with law enforcement/criminal justice partners, and an understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience with curriculum or publication development
- Experience with writing grants and/or supporting federally-funded efforts
- Familiarity with and understanding of law enforcement issues
- Occasional travel may be required
- This is a grant funded position for which continuation funding will be sought
The International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) offers a generous benefits package to its core staff to include: Competitive Salary; Paid Annual & Sick Leave; 10 paid holidays per year; Health/Vision/Dental Coverage (premiums mostly paid by IACP); Life Insurance/AD&D, 2x salary (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Short & Long Term Disability Coverage (100% of premiums paid by IACP); Parking/Transportation Subsidy; 403 (B) Retirement Savings Plan; Flexible Spending Account – Medical & Dependent Care; Direct Deposit; Free Gym Access
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history.
All cover letters must contain the name of the position being applied for as well as the requisition number. Please note that applications received without all the requested information will not be forwarded for review.
All applications must be received by MAY 30, 2018.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please apply using the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=fe5ffef1-6c09-4889-b9a0-392bec3239ea&jobId=248643&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001 -OR- apply through our website at www.theiacp.org. EOE M/F