4245 Fairfax Drive
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Manager, Marketing Partnerships & Cause Campaigns is responsible for all aspects of campaign planning including support for the development and execution of consumer-friendly marketing campaigns that align with the organization’s conservation agenda (Sustainable Food and Water, Healthy Cities, Climate Change, Land & Water). These campaigns will seek to inspire broader audiences to support the conservation movement through financial contributions; every day actions; and, a greater affinity for TNC and its mission. S/he will develop concepts, plans, manage budgets, and ensure consistency of brand – message, tone of voice and creative – in line with the organization’s marketing objectives.
S/he will also support the day-to-day relationship management of existing and new corporate partnerships (as assigned). S/he will develop marketing/promotion plans, working together with internal operating units to implement marketing strategies across various channels including digital/social media, content development, public relations/media outreach and creative development in line with partnership goals. S/he will also work with senior team members to develop creative pitches, negotiate financial terms and contracts, and facilitate internal review/approval/tracking processes.
S/he works closely with various constituents internally and externally including senior staff, field offices, department and division staff, corporate contacts, vendors, and other key stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects/campaigns are well-aligned with TNC’s brand strategy and principles whether published through owned channels or partner/external outlets.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience managing client and account relationships.
· Experience implementing, and managing multiple complex projects.
· Experience negotiating agreements.
· Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
· Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
· Experience leading in a team-based environment with internal and/or external partners.
· Proven background in project management, with strong attention to detail and highly organized individual.
· Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner with careful attention to details.
· Ability to design, implement and direct multiple projects, setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
· Experience developing and/or implementing creative marketing campaigns for social issues (specifically with an eye toward educating and/or motivating consumer audiences).
· Experience applying marketing principles on projects/programs, specifically developing and implementing marketing promotion plans.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise initiative, use discretion when handling confidential information and effectively prioritize tasks.
· Experience managing a budget.
· Practical knowledge of current and evolving trends related to field of experience.
· Experience conceiving and writing creatively for various audiences from technical information.
· Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas in a compelling manner.
· Detailed knowledge of procedures and terms in relevant field of experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID47032 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST Nov 30, 2018.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.