A small, but growing nonprofit skating club seeks a talented, hands-on and motivated individual with a strong accounting background to join our organization. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who enjoys new ventures and wants to be part of an organization that values its team members. The organization has just opened a three-rink figure skating facility in Norwood, with an established management team that has an aggressive 5-year growth plan for its success and ongoing leadership in its area of expertise.
- The Assistant Controller will have strong technical, analytical, communication, and organizational skills, with a keen attention to detail and current knowledge of GAAP. This position is responsible for managing procedures and controls for all financial systems to include accurately and properly managing all bill paying and revenue tracking for multiple profit centers. You will assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, budget preparation, and review of account variances.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Process weekly payables and manage vendor relationships. Maintain open invoice files, manage all online vendor accounts and auto drafts, expense form updates, and prepare year end 1099s.
- Reconcile company credit card account statements and payments, and enter into Financial Edge. Work with department heads to troubleshoot credit card variances and discrepancies.
- Administer and coordinate daily banking operations. Manage and monitor accounts receivable balances monthly, and assist with collections of member accounts.
- Lead cash receipts operations for multiple point of sale products and locations
- File monthly sales tax returns and monitor tax compliance
- Maintain depreciation schedule
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries (prepaids, deferred revenue, accrued expenses, depreciation)
- Reconcile monthly bank statements
- Produce weekly dashboard and assist with Month, Quarter, and Year End close and reporting
- Assist Director of Finance with audit and budget preparation.
- B.A. in Accounting and 3-5 years experience in accounting strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and non-profit industry
- Strong organizational and detail management skills with an ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders in a kind and respectful manner
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Office, Dropbox, and accounting software (Financial Edge preferred)
- Able to effectively identify and utilize available resources to achieve goals
Work Schedule and Benefits:
- This is an exempt, full time (40 hrs) position Monday - Friday, some periodic after hours or weekend work may be required
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Work is expected to be performed at our Norwood location
- 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, sick time, and employer paid health insurance benefits