Details: Depending on experience
The Development & Communications Coordinator supports Bike Works’ fundraising efforts through donor communications, gift entry and acknowledgment, data analysis and information management, and creating materials to achieve the agency’s annual and long-range fundraising goals. This position reports directly to the Development Director. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong organizational, time management, and writing skills, excellent attention to detail, comfort with technology, and enthusiasm for working as part of a team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Process incoming donations, including data entry, acknowledgement letters, and deposit reports.
- ·Participate in event planning and implementation, including printing and mailing invitations, tracking RSVPs and attendance, tracking costs and revenue, staffing outreach and fundraising events, contributing to post-event evaluation, and communicating with event attendees in advance of, during, and after the event.
- Manage giving campaigns in the bike shop, though direct mail, on the Bike Works website, and on social media.
- Coordinate the monthly email newsletter, social media content, and regular mailings to keep our supporters informed and involved.
- Maintain donor and email databases to ensure accurate donor records.
- Support accounting activities such as receiving and copying checks, making weekly deposits, and matching up accounting and donor records.
- Coordinate all aspects of the administrative systems and facilities operations within the office, including maintaining an organized work environment, purchasing office equipment and supplies, greeting and helping Bike Works guests, and responding to general requests for information by phone and email.
- Work in partnership with Development Director, Executive Director, Board of Directors, other staff, and key stakeholders to contribute to the organization's vision, participate in organization-wide programs, and contribute to a healthy, transparent, collaborative culture at Bike Works.
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
- 2 years professional work experience; nonprofit fundraising experience desirable.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong writing and editing capabilities.
- Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage multiple priorities while staying organized.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Database experience or a willingness and ability to learn new programs easily.
- Willingness to work outside of office hours on occasion to support events.
- Discretion in handling confidential material.
- Strong commitment to social justice and building an inclusive environment where all are welcome.
- Sense of humor.
Generous benefits, including: healthcare, dental, vision, and life insurance; generous vacation days, sick leave, and disability; employer matching retirement contributions; annual investment in professional development; discounts in our bike shop; unlimited free bicycle puns!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample by May 3rd to firstname.lastname@example.org