4318 North Carlin Springs Road
The Community Engagement Coordinator will support APAH’s President and CEO and be a member of the Community Resources and Relations team in their work to advance sustainable development, community outreach and impact, and advocacy/communications. Key responsibilities include scheduling appointments, preparing handouts and presentation materials, meeting coordination; administrative liaison to APAH's Board of Directors for all meetings, briefing materials and events; coordination of APAH's outreach and advocacy activities; research and support to track issues, relationships and effective messaging; maintenance of APAH database to ensure accurate, integrated records of advocates, donors and volunteers; maintaining filing systems; and other tasks as assigned.
Executive Assistance (40% of time spent)
· Provide administrative support to CEO and Director of Community Resources and Relations to include calendar management, organizing internal and external meetings, filing and summarizing notes, preparing presentations and handouts, time sheets and expense reports, and coordinating travel
· Attend key meetings, take minutes and disseminate to key stakeholders as needed
· Proofread and edit reports, presentations and memos
· Organize senior staff meetings, track and manage follow up tasks
Advocacy and Communications (35% of time spent)
· Assist with issue tracking at the local, state and federal level, support the writing and design of advocacy and communication materials.
· Ensure regular communication with advocacy volunteers through periodic newsletters and other mechanisms and support advocacy outreach across all communications platforms (e-News, social medial, earned media).
· Coordinate day-to-day data maintenance and record keeping ensuring accurate and up-to-date information about volunteers, donors, resident leaders, community advocates and other supporters.
· Assist with the recruitment and activation of advocacy volunteers.
· Support Community Resources & Relations team by writing web-based communications, supporting the design of marketing materials, and creating presentations.
· Assist with special projects as assigned, including supporting advocacy initiatives, writing letters of support, recruiting and prepping speakers, etc.
Administrative Liaison to the Board of Directors (15% of time spent)
· Serve as the point of contact for all members of the APAH Board of Directors
· Prepare briefing packets for all Board meetings, set up for Board meetings, including copies and refreshments, and take meeting minutes
· Track upcoming Board events (mandatory and optional) and with CEO coordinate Board communications
· Coordinate with senior staff to ensure committee reports and briefing packages are complete and consistent
· Maintain organized Board of Directors paper and electronic files
Other Admin (10% of time spent)
· Support the administrative team in ensuring smooth operations of the office and digital filing systems.
· Undergraduate degree reflecting strong written, verbal and analytic skills. 3+ years relevant experience such as communications, advocacy, organizing, fundraising or nonprofit management
· Excellent research, writing, proofreading, editing, listening and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse volunteers, residents, staff and community leaders with warmth and sensitivity. Good sense of humor.
· Ability to assume responsibility and quickly follow-up on multiple tasks. Successful in a fast paced, busy organization.
· Focused and results-oriented, with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong proficiency in computer software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. Experience with database platforms and database management desirable.
· Committed to the mission of affordable housing.
Equal Opportunity Employment
APAH offers equal employment opportunities (EEO) to employees and applicants for employment and prohibits unlawful discrimination and unlawful harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other protected classes or categories as defined by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to recruitment, selection, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, training program participation, compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter describing your work history and interest in working at APAH.