Full Time Contract
PO Box 19258
Purpose of the Position: The Communications Assistant is a Junior Level Post which will support the Communications Department by liaising with all team members to keep the communications schedule up-to-date, maintaining the GFP website through an external provider, leading on procurement of branded collateral, supporting on logistics for field visit, researching international media contacts and arranging translations. The role also shadows other staff as needed to update and access contacts databases and photo and video inventories.
· Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, the Communications Assistant will lead on:
· Scheduling and coordinating all communications including the blog editorial calendar
· Arranging translation from English to Arabic and to other languages, using contracted translators and ensuring proof-reading checks of quality by native speakers.
· Liaising with JOC procurement specialist to obtain quotations and secure quality collateral at good value.
· Managing coordination of field visits for Communications Department.
· Maintain and update GFP website according to best practice and industry trends around the world.
· Update GFP’s website in English and in Arabic with support of the team’s copywriters.
· Liaise with external contractors as needed for website updates/modifications.
· Ensure all website functionality is operational.
· Lead on implementation of Search Engine Optimisation and Google Adwords by liaising with external provider.
· Regularly research industry best practices and make suggestions to improve GFP’s website.
· Use analytics (such as Google Analytics) to create monthly reports on website engagement and work with provider to make improvements.
The Communications Assistant will contribute to:
· Procurement process for videographers and photographers, including assisting Videographer/Photographer to arrange logistics of field visits.
· Researching media contacts in countries where GFP has programmes, donors/partners and potential donors/partners plus relevant international trade media (Olympic movement, development, philanthropy).
· Salesforce by developing and maintaining competency and skills to shadow the Public Relations Officer in maintaining GFP’s contacts database, thereby ensuring resiliency of the team.
· Tagging photos and videos. · Brainstorming with the team on collective team tasks.
Key Results Areas:
· Functionality of GFP website and progress of website development including SEO ranking.
· Competency in website CMS and updating website (English and Arabic).
· Brand item production quality and value.
· Quality of translation.
· Team work and contribution to the broader work of Communications team.
· Continuous learning and improvement. · Personal development.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
· University Bachelor’s Degree minimum, preferably in a relevant discipline.
· At least 1-2 years of professional experience, preferably in communications.
· Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/multi-media/calendars/email).
· At least intermediate level of spoken and written English and Arabic.
· Cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in different global, regional, and local contexts.
· Interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peace building, and international development.
· Experience drafting and posting communications on website, extranet, and social media channels.
· Experience working with contractors and suppliers.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: please apply on GFP website through the link: https://www.generationsforpeace.org/en/careers/
Closing Date: 17:00 (GMT+3), Monday 21 May 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.