287 East 10th Street
Position: Manager of Individual Giving
Salary: up to $50,000
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Requisition No.: 1994
Start Date: October 1, 2018
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Manager of Individual Giving will be responsible for maintaining and deepening our relationships with individual donors. The Manager will oversee all donor correspondence, including solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship and will work to grow two new donor groups – the Young Advocates Circle and the Alumni Circle.
The Manager of Individual Giving will be responsible for raising $400K in the first year, with major growth expected over the next three years.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage a growing portfolio of 600 individual donors providing $400K in individual contributions each year.
· Deliver meaningful donor stewardship through acknowledgment letters, welcome packets, reports, phone calls, thank you notes and in-person meetings. Integrate senior leadership and clubhouse staff in donor recognition strategies as appropriate.
· Manage the Fall and Spring direct-mail appeals, including thematic development and writing, budgeting and scheduling, market testing and segmentation, internal approvals, distribution and email solicitation follow-up. Work with Communications team on messaging and to create inspiring, compelling print materials for donors.
· In collaboration with the Communications team, oversee all email marketing to donors, including e-newsletters, holiday messages, solicitations, and you-made-a-difference notices.
· Work with members of the Board of Trustees and Women’s Board to sign solicitation letters to their contacts.
· Build and manage the Young Advocates Circle, comprised of donors under the age of 40, to build the next generation of Boys’ Club supporters. Work with the Young Advocates Circle Chairs on planning events, volunteer opportunities and solicitations.
· Build and manage the Alumni Circle, comprised of alumni who contribute $250+ annually. Work with Alumni Circle Chairs on planning events, volunteer opportunities and solicitations.
· Collaborate with Special Events team to create and implement donor cultivation and recognition events.
· Work with Database Manager to optimize use and maintenance of database for gift recording, processing, tracking, acknowledgment and reporting purposes.
· Represent the Boys’ Club at clubhouse events and volunteer opportunities, as well as fundraising events.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college required.
· Minimum of three years of development experience, with a focus on individual giving.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Adept in fostering relationships with high net worth donors and staff at all levels.
· Awareness of best practices in direct mail, gift solicitation, and stewardship.
· Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of and experience in new donor acquisition activities.
· Ability to prioritize fundraising activities effectively, and work at a fast pace under tight deadlines.
· A high level of integrity and a strong work ethic.
· Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
Apply online at http://www.bcny.org/about-bcny/careers . Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resume and cover letter required.