Details: $60000 - $70000 per year
<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Marketing Manager (National) - (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Career Stage: Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The Marketing Manager (National) - (Boston, MA) will develop strong, integrated campaigns and serve as the digital marketing expert on the Marketing team. To be successful in this role you'll characterize yourself as a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, growing organization, and can effectively manage projects involving multiple people and teams.
The Marketing Manager (National) - (Boston, MA) will be responsible for leading the development of integrated campaigns, ranging from annual giving campaigns for potential donors to ongoing personalized lead nurture campaigns for prospective students. The Marketing Manager (National) - (Boston, MA) will take the lead on strategy, project management, creative direction, execution, and data analysis. Successful candidates will bring creativity, strong messaging skills, thoughtful understanding of audiences and an eye for branding and design, alongside strong project planning and strategic thinking. Whether it's an email series, video, or one-pager, they're able to flex their skills to deliver a consistent brand experience. They will also work on projects such as the creation of foundational collateral and templates for multiple internal stakeholder groups.
The Marketing Manager (National) - (Boston, MA) will be the primary digital marketing expert on the team, providing centralized oversight and guidance of email, website, and text messaging. They will enable fellow content developers to leverage our digital marketing channels effectively by developing digital marketing strategies, best practices, processes, and resources. In addition, the Marketing Manager (National) - (Boston, MA) will directly manage the Digital Marketing Specialist, who will execute on regular email and website testing, optimization, and SEO initiatives and support in creating digital marketing guidance.
Strong candidates will bring a passion for meaningful work and social justice, and will be excited and prepared to engage with Year Up's mission and constituents as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
Campaign Management and Content Creation
- Partner with internal teams and external partners to develop collateral and campaigns that will engage, inspire, and drive our stakeholders to action; could include creative strategy, project management, and/or execution, depending on scope of deliverables
- Manage content creation across channels and mediums, (print, digital, email, mobile, and social)
- Work with contractors to develop content, starting with strong creative briefs that inspire our creative contractors and capture the purpose, audience, message, and feel of new creative
- Work across teams to develop email and text campaigns to nurture, inform, and drive action
Digital Marketing Management
- Develop email, website, and texting testing framework and supervise ongoing execution and analysis to develop actionable insights for how content performs across digital channels
- Develop processes, resources, and tools that enable marketing colleagues to successfully develop content for our digital marketing channels, and to fully leverage digital marketing opportunities
- Act as a digital marketing consultant for others on the marketing team and in the organization
- Oversee all updates, maintenance, and SEO for the Yearup.org website and other microsites
Team/Learning Community Member
- Directly manage a Digital Marketing Specialist, supporting this direct report with their professional growth, in keeping with Year Up's values and culture
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- 3-5 years' marketing experience, with a focus on content creation and digital marketing
- Strong messaging and communication skills, with an eye for clear, compelling communications
- Ability to shift communication style to target a variety of stakeholders
- Good eye for design and understanding of brand consistency across channels
- Creativity and passion for thinking up new ways to reach and engage your audience
- Ability to seek out and absorb lots of information, and identify simple and powerful key messages
- Expertise and prior experience with website management and email and text message campaigns, including automated nurturing programs
- Familiarity with Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong attention to detail, especially in copyediting
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders
- Ability to manage many competing priorities and communicate effectively when priorities shift
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong commitment to mentorship and t0 supporting the growth of others a must; experience managing people directly preferred
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to Year Up's mission, including an understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers, and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required