Details: Salary DOE
4322 Wilshire Boulevard
Harmony Project is an award-winning research-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that targets at-risk youth in underserved areas of Los Angeles. We promote positive youth development through year-round music lessons and ensemble participation.
We are currently hiring a full-time Program and Youth Development Administrator.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A personal mission, vision and values that align with Harmony Project’s
- A passion for social change, community empowerment and youth development
- A knowledge of music, and preferably a degree in music performance or education.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well with diverse stakeholders at every level of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to smoothly juggle and prioritize multiple complex tasks
- A strong sense of humor and ability to gracefully handle stressful and sometimes troubling situations
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office programs, G Suite, and prior experience using contact databases
- Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred but not required
- A driver’s license and proof of valid automobile insurance
- Flexible work schedule to include some weekends, weeknights, and holidays
- Ability to travel daily to and from various program sites
The Program and Youth Development Administrator is responsible for:
- Serves as receptionist/assistant for the organization, including:
- Answering incoming telephone calls and general program inquiries
- Supports the collection and entering of all program administration, including:
- Incoming applications and Waitlist management
- Attendance and Program Assessments
- Student/Family demographic and contact information
- Providing administrative and programmatic support to HP’s programs, including:
- Assisting with mailings to parents/families
- Assisting with phone calls to parents/families
- Translating materials for parents/families
- Supports communication with parents/families
- Provide on-site support to Program Managers and Teaching Artists as needed
- Daily travel to and from various program sites
- Assisting in production of performances and events
- Conducts group youth development and leadership activities across all program sites, including:
- Working with Student Mentorship Program
- Other tasks as needed and as requested
Excellent benefits; Salary DOE
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two current references to: email@example.com with PYDA as the subject line.
Harmony Project does not discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, color, gender, religion, national origin or ethnicity in student admissions or in any program it administers.
Minimum Education Required