Details: Depending on experience
2734 Westlake Ave N.
We are looking for a multi-talented individual with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, campaign-style work environment. The Digital Communications Manager will help develop and execute the organization’s statewide communications plan to improve outcomes for Washington students with a focus on increasing supporter engagement.
You will be responsible for executing, monitoring, and reporting on complex campaigns that target diverse audiences via a broad range of digital channels and tactics. We want you because:
• You’re passionate about engagement. You can capture an audience’s attention about important issues, creating relevant, targeted messaging that inspires action and builds our movement.
• You’re an excellent communicator. You know how to strategize and execute a communications plan. Equally important, you can communicate these ideas among the team.
• You work well independently and in teams. You're a self-starter with strong self-management skills, but you also appreciate the value of collaboration and feedback.
• You are passionate about the transformative power of public education and LEV’s mission. You understand the importance of our mission and the underlying values, and you know how to share this information digitally.
This full-time position reports to the Communications Director.
Execute digital campaigns to increase the reach of the organization, build deeper supporter engagement, and improve constituent mobilization to support LEV’s mission
• Grow and engage LEV’s supporter list;
• Execute LEV’s digital tactics, including website content management, email production, social media posting and engagement, and digital advertising reporting;
• Create and maintain a dashboard to track performance of LEV’s digital communications;
• Implement and report on major digital awareness, engagement, advocacy, and electoral campaigns;
• Write digital copy across diverse tactics;
• Utilize Content Management Systems and Customer Relationship Management Systems;
• Manage complex email and social media campaigns;
• Coordinate and/or produce graphic design and visual content, especially for email and social media;
• Support with placement, monitor, and report on digital advertising campaigns, especially on Facebook;
• Collaborate with the Field, Development, and Policy teams on content development and event promotion and execution;
Create and curate content
• Support organizational campaigns, with an eye toward brand consistency, best-in-class content, and fluid coordination across teams;
• Create and test compelling written content for website, blogs, email, and social media;
• Edit a range of written materials for clarity and effectiveness;
• Track and evaluate content and digital tactics to determine usefulness and success at reaching target audiences and achieving goals;
• Manage digital reporting and tracking tools;
Be a thought partner and leader in digital media and technologies
• Ensure that all content supports LEV’s brand, mission, vision, and adheres to messaging guidelines;
• Stay up-to-date on new developments in digital media and digital technologies, and suggesting new tools that will engage and amplify our supporters.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Passionate commitment to LEV’s mission and strategy to ensure that every child, regardless of their background, graduates from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a professional setting; political, nonprofit, advocacy, or campaign experience highly preferred;
• Excellent communication skills; outstanding writer, fast, detail-oriented editor, impeccable accountability;
• Strong track record of success in digital campaigns focused on diverse audiences;
• Strong understanding of digital advocacy and/or marketing campaigns and writing for digital campaigns;
• Video, video editing, Adobe Creative Suite, and basic graphic skills a strong plus;
• Knowledge of HTML, SEO, and various Content Management Systems;
• Experience with advocacy/CRM tools such as Blue State Digital, Salsa, Convio, etc.;
• Ability to use analytics to test efficacy of campaign tactics;
• Skilled at developing content tailored toward varied audiences to form a persuasive argument that will resonate with a diverse range of stakeholders;
• Strong ability to translate policy issues into straightforward communications;
• Excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-shifting campaign environment;
• Ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback;
• Outcome-driven, self-starter and proactive with the capacity to work both independently and with the team;
• Innovative and data-driven with a sense of humor and a good imagination;
• Experience working alongside communities of color;
• Roles typically require the ability to be stationary for extended periods of time, to transfer items less than 10 pounds, and may require the ability to climb stairs.
Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, a retirement plan and paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language skills strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
2734 Westlake Ave N.
Seattle, WA 98109