42 West 44th Street
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
The CLE (Continuing Legal Education) Department offers various types of programs for attorneys to update and continue their education in the law as well as earn required CLE credit. In addition to the approximately 130 discrete live programs, we offer live webcasts, online/on demand programs and DVDs/CDs.
The CLE Department is committed to providing quality; timely and relevant programs to both newly admitted and experienced attorneys to serve the Bar’s members and the Bar-at-large. The excellent quality of the programs is on the level of long-standing organizations whose sole business purpose is CLE. In addition to New York, we are accredited in the States of California, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
This position reports to Senior Manager, Customer Relations.
Assist with the coordination of CLE programs.
Some areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
Assist staff attorneys with all the aspects of program coordination, including:
- Corresponding with program faculty
- Confirming faculty information
- Setting deadlines for course materials and following up as necessary
- Obtaining copyright permission for articles submitted as necessary
- Assisting in organizing and sending materials for reproduction
- Taking faculty RSVPs for faculty meetings and lunches
- Acting as a liaison to Meeting Services, to ensure food, beverage and AV are provided at programs
- Sending marketing materials to faculty
- Acting as liaison to on-line providers providing them with assistance as necessary
Assisting with all aspects of customer service at programs, including setting up the registration desk, processing walk-in registrations, monitoring webcast links for participant questions and technical issues, distributing CLE certificates, ensuring that attendees and faculty members sign in/out and ensuring that the rooms are properly set up
Work some evenings in connection with evening programs
Process requests for financial scholarships to programs
Take on additional responsibilities/special projects as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal land written
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service
The New York City Bar Association is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide a generous benefits package.
Full benefits package offered including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more!
Minimum Education Required