At Ascend, we seek directors of campus operations who are passionate about creating the conditions for student success in school. The director of campus operations is responsible for all building operations at the school. He or she is responsible for the meals programs and receipts; the physical plant; information technology; procurement; security and school safety programs. He or she supervises all building operations staff at the school. At Ascend, we value leaders with a hunger for feedback and professional growth, and a dedication to excellence.
We're excited about professionals who are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. Join us as we foster innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think their own way through to answers.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend:
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 4,000 students across 10 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls. By offering a rich liberal arts education in a supportive environment, we animate children's natural sense of curiosity and prepare students to think on their own, thrive on their own, and engage the world as informed, responsible citizens.
In school year 2017-2018 we will educate more than 4,000 students at five lower schools, four middle schools, and one high school. Ascend's college-preparatory liberal arts curriculum and warm and supportive school culture equip teachers with the tools to achieve exceptional academic outcomes and close the achievement gap in Central Brooklyn.<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/r8pmqxhzz8drcbrv"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vrlx5ZVhn7aZPS1OgCDe5z">
The director of campus operations is responsible for the daily building activities of the campus. Specifically, the director of building operations will be responsible for:
- Oversees the procurement process; including invoices, bill payment, and reimbursements for the high school and lower school
- Tracks weekly purchases against the schools budget for the high school and lower school
- Oversee building wide supply ordering and inventory tracking
- Oversees supply delivery to school based teams
- Directly manages facility staff and supervisors
- Manages the relationship with service all contract vendors
- Creates and maintains systems to ensure that the maintenance team has the information, time and resources they need to address building fixes
- Directly manages Food Service Manager
- Oversees food services & compliance billing
- Manages the relationship with the NYSED Child Nutrition Department
Safety and Security
- Directly manages Security Supervisor
- Acts as a substitute incident commander; as needed
- Updates and maintains building wide safety plan
- Plans and conducts safety drills
- Ensure that schools are in compliance with Ascend, City and State mandates
School and Staff Events Coordinator
- Oversees the coordination and execution of special events
- Ensures that every event is properly staffed with additional support people
- Acts as the liaison between network technology team and school staff
- Manages on site trainings on technology and has a working knowledge of how to address technology issues
- Ensures that the building operations team are working within each schools operating norms
- Dismissal; announcements and personal support during indoor and outdoor procedures
Staff and reporting relationships
The director of campus operations reports directly to the school director and receives coaching and support from the director of facilities and network director of operations, and participates as a member of the buildings leadership time. The director of campus operations manages the building's non-academic operations staff, including the food service manager, security supervisor, head custodian, and the building operation assistant.
- A bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in an educational organization, facilities management, or operations
- Possess strong project management skills
- Proven ability to successfully lead a team
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be organized, self-managed, and able to handle many responsibilities simultaneously
- Have highly developed problem-solving skills
- Dependable and excellent follow-through; alignment with the educational philosophy at Ascend
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Director of Campus Operations