The Buckley School, an all-boys K-9 school, located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan is seeking an experienced professional to serve as its Human Resource (HR) Director. The HR Director will oversee Buckley’s HR administrative needs, including oversight of employee recruitment, training and development, employee relations, benefits administration, maintenance of employee records, ensuring regulatory compliance, processing payroll, and overseeing personnel procedures and systems. The ideal candidate will have the ability to contribute to the development of new HR systems, processes, and operations to ensure greater efficiencies. The HR Director reports directly to the CFO.
Human Resource Management
· Develop, implement and maintain effective compliance with applicable employment regulations.
· Consult with administrators and employees to resolve personnel issues.
· Remain knowledgeable about HR trends and industry best practices.
· Maintain, review and revise the employee handbook.
· Coordinate all necessary trainings (e.g. sexual harassment, mandatory reporter, etc.).
· Manage the hiring processes for all classes of employees, including preparing and posting job ads, screening candidates, coordinating on-site interviews and processing background checks
· Oversee new hire orientation, including preparation of new employee packages.
· Manage employee leave programs and separation process for both voluntary/involuntary terminations.
· Maintain secure and confidential human resource related files and records. Oversee the digitization of historical personnel records.
· Prepare and maintain accurate job descriptions.
· Represent the School at job fairs.
· Complete annual compensation and benefit surveys and census requests.
Benefits and Payroll Administration
· Manage and coordinate benefit programs for employees in conjunction with the School’s benefits brokers and providers, including all employee communication, problem solving and claims resolution.
· Ensure all plans comply with applicable laws and statutes (HIPAA, ERISA and IRS guidelines) including filing and distributing all necessary forms and notices.
· Manage annual open enrollment and renewal process for all employees.
· Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for group insurance policies.
· Oversee the submission of contributions to deferred compensation plans.
· Prepare all necessary documentation for the annual retirement plan audit.
· Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll for approximately 110 employees.
· Prepare journal entry to classify payroll and update applicable payroll spreadsheets.
· Reconcile quarterly payroll to the Form 941.
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of increasingly responsible human resources experience.
· Working knowledge of human resource principles, procedures and practices and of applicable federal, state, and local laws.
· Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization and to deal with multiple priorities, functions and activities.
· A service oriented demeanor with demonstrated tact, discretion, and diplomacy and an attention to detail.
· Adept at using basic business, HRIS and payroll software, including MS Office and Google Docs
· Independent School or non-profit experience a plus.
· PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
· Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
· Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
· Deals with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
· May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
· May need to travel between the School’s buildings multiple times in a day.
The Buckley School, an all-boys K-9 school, located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan is seeking an experienced professional to serve as its Human Resource (HR) Director. The HR Director will oversee Buckley’s HR administrative needs…