- Manage classroom materials and equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom and outdoor play environment according to Department of Health guidelines.
- Assist the Head Teacher with classroom management and adherence to classroom schedule.
- Attend to the physical needs of children in a caring and kind manner.
- Directly supervise the activities of the children under the direction of the Head Teacher.
- Assist with the implementation of individualized curriculum plans.
- Assist each child with the activities and classroom routines of the day.
- Assist Head Teacher with developing curriculum plans based upon observations and assessments of each child in the classroom.
- To build positive relationships and effectively communicate achievements and concerns with the families of children in their care.
- Assist with the implementation of each child’s Individualized Family Service Plan or Individualized Education Plan when applicable.
- Contribute to a positive, pleasant and emotionally supportive classroom atmosphere for each child and family in the program.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
Minimum of High School diploma and CDA.
: TEACHER -728
: New York
Minimum Education Required